ASME Turbo Expo 2006 - Power for Land, Sea & Air (TE06)
|Event Date/Time: May 08, 2006||End Date/Time: May 11, 2006|
|Registration Date: May 11, 2006|
|Early Registration Date: Apr 07, 2006|
|Abstract Submission Date: Aug 01, 2005|
|Paper Submission Date: Oct 10, 2005|
ASME TURBO EXPO: The Annual ASME Gas Turbine and Aeroengine Technical Congress and Exposition
Sponsored by the International Gas Turbine Institute (IGTI) of the
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
Alternating between North American and European locations from year to year, ASME TURBO EXPO attracts an international audience with four full days of technical sessions, tutorials, panel discussions, trade show exhibits, committee meetings and special events ... completely focused on gas turbines and related equipment.
The Premier World Forum for Gas Turbine Information Exchange!
What makes ASME TURBO EXPO different from its competitors?
ASME TURBO EXPO is organized by a not-for-profit organization. ASME’s sole purpose is to serve those who practice mechanical engineering and the industries to which they belong. As an institute of ASME, IGTI serves the gas turbine industry for land-based, marine, air and oil/gas applications. Proceeds from registration and exposition fees are returned to the profession in the many programs sponsored by the institute world-wide.
Who Should Attend?
ASME TURBO EXPO is designed for:
- Engineers in Combustion, Design, R&D, Production
- Operations Personnel
- Equipment Specifiers
- Purchasing Specialists
- Maintenance & Repair Personnel
- Managers, CEOs & CFOs
- Engineering Consultants
- Technical Directors
Programming addresses issues of business management, operation, maintenance and R&D programs and technologies for:
- Power Project Developers
- Cogeneration Plants
- Independent Power Producers
- Industrial Power Producers
- Commercial and Cargo Aircraft Applications & Aerospace Applications
- Military Applications (Land, Sea & Air)
- Government Regulatory Agencies
- Fast Ferry Lines & Commercial Shipping
- Offshore Platforms & Oil & Gas Pipelines
- Financial Institutions
- Equipment Manufacturers
- Maintenance & Repair Facilities
- Fuel Suppliers
Why Should I Attend?
ASME TURBO EXPO brings together the very best and the brightest in the industry ... from throughout the world ... across all gas turbine applications ... to present in one forum the newest developments and the toughest problems for solution. ASME TURBO EXPO integrates the practical and the theoretical, because we continually strive to make complex technology understandable, economical and efficient. To achieve this goal, everyone must work together -- from the natural resource developers to project financiers and project developers; from technical specialists to researchers and educators, from equipment users to OEMs, equipment packagers and after market service companies . . . and everyone in between. There is no other place where you will find such a concentrated gathering of top level professionals dedicated to the goals of gas turbine markets.
What are the Components of ASME TURBO EXPO?
- THE KEYNOTE ADDRESS
Each year the keynote speakers for TURBO EXPO build their presentations around a common theme, selected for its relevance to the current state of the gas turbine community. Recent keynote themes have included:
- Global Power & Propulsion Solutions
- New Benchmarks for Gas Turbine & Jet Engine Advancements
- Gas Turbine Technology: Focus for the Future
- THE TECHNICAL CONGRESS
- World renowned for its quality and breadth of gas turbine technology
- A forum for engineers, specialists and management professionals working in gas turbine design and manufacturing, operations, research & development, and education
- Only the highest quality papers are published for the Technical Congress. Each paper must pass a stringent IGTI review process overseen by the IGTI Board of Directors Review Chair. This process maintains the level of quality our registrants have come to expect and value.
- Registrants rate highly the valuable opportunity to openly exchange their ideas, experiences, challenges, and theories with an international participation of leading top level gas turbine technical experts.
The Technical Congress is organized through the dedicated membership of the IGTI Technical Committees. Over 200 Technical Congress sessions, including both panel and paper presentations, are typically developed each year for TURBO EXPO. Committee members are leading engineers in close contact with the latest developments in equipment, improvements in techniques and introduction of new practices. They bring such developments to the annual Technical Congress, where these activities may be reported, discussed freely, and their benefits shared by the entire industry. The opportunity to address such high quality technical information with such a vast resource of international participants and presenters is unparalleled in this industry. Profiles of the presenters for this event consistently show that over 30 countries are represented, with a regional representation of about 50% North American, 40% European and 10% Asia/Pacific Rim. Nowhere else do you find such an opportunity to keep abreast of the latest and highest achievements in gas turbine technology.
- THE EXPOSITION
The Exposition provides attendees a view of the latest and best technology, and also serves as an important link between the discussions in the Technical Congress and the current solutions available in the marketplace. Approximately 150 quality suppliers of gas turbine products and services from as many as 20 countries typically participate, displaying new products, current solutions and innovative ideas. The Exposition is an excellent opportunity to network with peers and discover original solutions to everyday challenges. Receptions in the exhibit hall lend a festive air to the business at hand.
Companies participating in ASME TURBO EXPO cover the full range of gas turbine uses, including:
- Commercial & Military Aircraft Engines
- Land Based Industrial Engines
- Commercial Power Plant Applications (Utilities/IPPs)
- Marine Propulsion & Power Systems
- Gas Turbine Manufacturers/Packagers
- Auxiliary Equipment Producers
- Industry Service Companies
- Oil & Gas Platforms
- Pipeline Applications
- Consulting & Research & Development
- Software Applications
- FACILITY TOURS
You can enhance your TURBO EXPO experience by attending one of several tours sponsored by exhibiting companies and Sponsors. Facility tours furnish the opportunity to relate the week’s discussions to a real-life application and to see the equipment in an operating environment. Experts will be available to answer your questions at each facility. Tours are arranged by visiting the stand of the sponsoring exhibitors.
Keynote . . . Technical Congress . . . Exposition . . . Facility Tours . . .
all key parts of TURBO EXPO, integrated into one mutually supportive package . . . one fully integrated process. Participate in the next TURBO EXPO and be part of that process. It's an experience designed to enhance your daily work experience and one never to be forgotten.