Information Society 2005 (IS 2005)
|Event Date/Time: Oct 10, 2005||End Date/Time: Oct 17, 2005|
|Registration Date: Sep 25, 2005|
|Early Registration Date: Sep 20, 2005|
|Abstract Submission Date: Sep 25, 2005|
|Paper Submission Date: Sep 25, 2005|
* Cognitive sciences
* Collaboration and information society
* Data mining and data warehouses (SiKDD 2005)
* Development and reengineering of information systems
* Education in information society
* Intelligent systems
* Managment in Information Society
* Media in Information Society
The Information Society multiconference deals with information technologies, which are of major importance for the development of Europe and Slovenia as a part of it. The United States are ahead of the Old Continent in this field (Some indicators: market share 4:3, business on the internet 2:1, other spheres even range from 3:1 to 6:1). Europe and Slovenia need to catch up and progress into information societies. Stated reasons require that we host a scientific meeting in the form of a multiconference, which will consist of several conferences with specific themes essential for the development of the information society.
Each conference has:
* an independent programme committee assigned
* one or more foreign lecturers taking part
* paper review and publishing
The contents of the papers, that will form the conference core, are to be interesting and thematically oriented. They should stimulate the society development and incorporate recent developments. Submitted papers should not be too technical in nature. Calls for papers concerning individual conferences are being sent out by mail. They are also announced in the left column of this web site.
Similar, mostly government sponsored conferences, are being held across Europe. Simultaneously expert and political documents are created which form further development guidelines. The attendance and cooperation of foreign associates and host country experts provides the possibilities to raise the knowledge base of the Slovene society, which leads to future development prospects.
Leading objectives of Information Society
* contribution and promotion of knowledge about the new information era in information technology,
* the introduction of interdisciplinary information technologies and sciences,
* analysis and introducing key changes which the politicians, government, public, industry and society are going to face in the years to come.