International symposium om Advances in research on Neurodegenerative diseases (SNCI2005)
|Event Date/Time: Dec 06, 2005||End Date/Time: Dec 17, 2005|
|Abstract Submission Date: Oct 10, 2003|
Pre Symposium Workshop registration closes 15.9.2005
Deadline for Symposium Registration at normal rate 30.9.2005
Deadline for receipt of travel award 30.9.2005
Deadline for Abstract submission 10.10.05
Deadline for Symposium Registration 10.10.2005
“International Symposium on “Advances in Research on Neurodegenerative diseases”
December 16-17, 2005 Chennai, India
Date: 16 - 17 Dec.2005
Time 9 am - 5 pm
Venue Dr.Venugopal Auditorium, Dr.A L M. PGIBMS, Taramani, Chennai. India.
The Symposium aims to
1. Bring about the awareness of the geriatric problems of the Society especially the Neurodegenerative diseases.
2. Make explicit that though neurodegenerative disorders are normal aging diseases many of the environmental pollutants can also induce or hasten the process of neurodegeneration.
3. Review the advances in neuroscience research for understanding the molecular mechanisms in the process of neurodegenerative diseases.
4. Provide knowledge in neuroprotection, brain repair, and experimental therapeutics, an objective that is essential for the improvement of preventive and therapeutic interventions.
5. Discuss the various Socioeconomic problems due to neurodegenerative disease especially in the elderly people.
The topics covered in the symposium will be on the following:
• Stem cells and neurodegenerative diseases
• Contaminants of drinking water and food in neurodegenerative disorders.
• Neurotoxicity of xenobiotics and neurodegenerative diseases.
• Medicinal herbs in neurotoxicity and neurodegenerative diseases.
• Apoptosis in neuronal aging and toxic stress.
• The role of ionic channels in neurotransmission.
• Neurotransmitters in Brain function
• Antioxidants in neurotoxicity and neurodegeneration.
• Antiganglioside antibodies and neurodegenerative diseases
• Neuronal and glial cell functions
Call for Abstracts
The Scientific Committee invites registered participants who wish to present a Poster and invited speakers to submit abstracts. All presenting authors must pay symposium registration fees to the Conference Secretariat before 10.10.2005 to receive abstract acceptance. Abstract form is available to be downloaded. download abstract form
Poster presentation should be prepared indicating the abstract title, author(s) and affiliations and topic of the above Scientific session. Poster board will be available at the venue. Posters should be set up at 8 to 9 am on 17th Dec 2005. Presenting author should be available at the Poster site from 2-3 pm on 17th Dec.2005. All Posters should be removed by 5 pm on 17th Dec 2005.
Notification of acceptance
Abstract receipt and acceptance will be provided only by email.
Acceptance of the abstracts is solely at the discretion of the Scientific committee.
Best Presentation awards
There are couple of awards for the best poster and best oral presentation.
The authors presenting the paper oral / poster should be the member of SNCI.
1. Prof. Desiraju and
2. Prof. Ch.R.K Murthy memorial awards.
download symposium registration form
download accommodation form
download travel award application form for young Scientist
Registration forms received without registration fees will not be processed. Please do not send cash.
Payment can be made by Bank draft payable to our Bank account
"Organizing Secretary, International Symposium on Advances in research on Neurodegenerative diseases, in Indian Rupees only.
Upon receipt of the completed registration form and payment, the Secretariat will issue an official confirmation letter to each registrant.
Registration includes the following unless otherwise specified.
Working Lunch and
Welcome dinner on 16th Dec.2005.
Registration fee for the International Symposium “Advances in research on Neurodegenerative diseases”
Category Before 30.9.2005 Before 10.10.2005 On the spot *
SNCI members Rs 500 Rs 700 Rs 1000
Non SNCI members Rs 1000 Rs 1400 Rs 1700
Student Rs. 500 Rs 700 Rs 1000
Associate delegate Rs 500 Rs 700 Rs 1000
Children above 12 years Rs 500 Rs 500 Rs 500
Foreign members US $ 200 US $ 250 Rs US $ 300
Foreign non members US $ 230 US $ 280 Rs US $ 330
* Accommodation will be provided on availability only.
Cancellation and refunds
Request for cancellation should be sent in writing to the conference secretariat
Refunds will be made after the conference is over.
25% of the registration fees will be deducted up to 10.11.05.
Cancellation of registration will not be entertained after 10.11.05.
“Presymposium Workshop on Neurochemical techniques”
December 6-15, 2005.
Venue: Dept. of Pharmacology and Environmental Toxicology
Dr. ALM. PGIBMS, University of Madras,
Taramani, Chennai – 600 113, India
Techniques proposed for training by National and International Scientists includes:
• Purification of synaptosomes and synaptic vesicles.
• Study of exocytosis in synaptosomes by fluorescent dyes.
• Neurosphere assay for the detection of neural stem cells and its application for the study of neurological/psychiatric diseases.
• An analysis of protein aggregation using SDS-PAGE coupled to silver staining to monitor the aggregation Abeta peptide of Alzheimer's disease and the alpha-synuclein protein in Parkinson's disease.
• Aggregation of amyloids by fluorescence technique followed by computation model
• Quantitation of 5-HT by HPLC
• Neurons and Astrocytes preparations.
• Inducing ischemia in rat model and demonstration of apoptosis in rat brain.
• Serotonin receptors - Radio ligand binding assay.
• In Vitro techniques used for the isolation of insect neuropeptides and its functional properties
Eligibility for Registration:
Senior research students and Young scientists below 40 years can apply
through their research Supervisors /Head of the Department with CV, clearly
indicating proof of age, and a brief outline of how the Workshop will benefit their
research in NeuroSciences. Workshop Participants will comprise of National and
International representation . download pre symposium workshop registration form
Workshop participants will be allowed to participate in the symposium and for poster
presentation of their original research work free of registration for the symposium.
Limited travel awards are available for Pre symposium Workshop Participants and
Registered Symposium participants with Oral/Poster paper presentation.
Travel support will be cover from the place of work to Chennai and back by the shortest
route. Apex Air fare for International participants and II class train fare for Indian
participants. download travel award application
Dead line for receipt of travel award application - 30.9.2005
Announcements of successful applicants of travel award - 15.10.2005
Registration fee details for the Pre Symposium Workshop:
Category before 30.8.05 before 15.9.05
NSCI members Rs.1000 Rs. 1200
Non members Rs. 2000 Rs. 2300
Foreign members US$ 25 US $ 35
Foreign non members US$ 50 US $ 65
Registration closes on 15.9.05
Demand Draft payable at Chennai in favour of
“Organising secretary, International Symposium on “Advances in research on
Foreign members should pay the DD in Indian Rupees