Event Date/Time: Nov 08, 2005
End Date/Time: Nov 09, 2005
Sea Shield is one of the major three pillars within the US Navy’s Sea Power 21 concept. Sea Shield enables the U.S Navy and other services to work together with the end goal of achieving full spectrum dominance of the sea, projecting that dominance inland. This conference will focus on areas including joint Interoperability, Theater Missile Defense, FORCEnet and Naval Technologies of Sea Shield (for e.g underwater sensory systems, common undersea picture and single integrated air picture), which appear to be critical areas of interest. The conference plans to encompass speakers from the U.S as well as globally who will present on the various aspects of Sea Shield from their expertise.
• Joint forces integration/joint interoperability
• Maritime force protection (Port & Naval base security)
• Underwater/mine warfare (Littoral Combat ships, DDX, Mine countermeasures
• Theater Missile Defense (Japanese Perspective)
• FORCEnet –looking closely at how it links to the Power 21 concept, especially Sea Shield