Conference on Global Competitiveness (CGC)
|Event Date/Time: Feb 09, 2006||End Date/Time: Feb 11, 2006|
|Registration Date: Jan 15, 2006|
|Early Registration Date: Jan 15, 2006|
|Abstract Submission Date: Dec 15, 2005|
|Paper Submission Date: Jan 15, 2006|
The broad objectives of this conference, which is first in the series of events on competitiveness, include:
• Develop/increase awareness and understanding of the patterns and impact of global competitiveness and take a stock of the preparedness of the Indian industry to face the challenges of global competition.
• Provide a platform for exchange of ideas among business, academia and the policy makers to enable then to channel their expertise towards the common goal of improving India’s global competitiveness.
• Identify issues for future research on global competitiveness in India and gathering support of industry in providing the data for the same.
• Prepare a blueprint for future action, to guide meaningful research programmes in the country and to help develop appropriate coping strategies to meet the challenges of globalization.
The conference focuses primarily on issues related to defining, measuring and enhancing competitiveness. Papers based on empirical research, experiences or promising ideas related to the conference themes as given below are invited for consideration in the conference.
A. Global Competitiveness
• Significance and Relevance of Global Competitiveness
• Focus of Competitive Strategies in India
• Areas Needing Attention
B. Measurement of Competitiveness
• Difficulties in Assessing Competitiveness
• Patterns of global competitiveness of Indian Firms, Industry Sectors and Country as a Whole
C. Enhancing Competitiveness
• Strategies for Enhancing Competitiveness of Firms, Industry Sectors and Country
• Roadblocks to Enhancing Competitiveness
• New Product Development
• Acquisitions, Mergers and Divestiture
• Strategic Alliances and Joint Ventures in India
• Internationalization of Indian Business
• Organization Innovations and Creativity
• Managing Organizational Change
• Managing Turnaround and Transformations
D. Global Competitiveness: Role of Media, Judiciary and Policy frameworks
E. Any other topic related to global competitiveness, but not included here
Abstract Submission: Authors should submit an extended abstract of their paper, of about 800 to 1000 words. Abstracts should be accompanied by four keywords, the proposed title of the paper, full names, addresses, telephone number and email addresses of all authors. Abstracts should reach the conference coordinator by December 15, 2005. Only electronic submission in the form of a word file as an e-mail attachment will be
accepted. The abstracts should be mailed to the Conference Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. All abstracts received by the submission deadline would be peer reviewed to evaluate their relevance to the conference theme and to ensure that adequate standards are followed. Authors will be intimated of the acceptance of their abstracts by December 31, 2005.
Full Paper submission: Authors are required to submit their full papers, not exceeding 5000 words, by January 15, 2006. Only electronic submissions will be accepted. The authors should mail the full papers to the same e-mail address as in case of abstracts. Detailed style guidelines are uploaded on the conference website. While all abstracts accepted by the programme committee will be considered for presentation at the Conference, only selected full papers will be published in the conference proceedings. At least one author of the accepted paper must register for the conference and present the work at the conference, for the paper to be eligible for inclusion in the proceedings.
Duration and Venue
The conference will start at 9:30 AM on February 09, 2006 and end at 5:00 PM on February 11, 2006. The venue of the conference will be the premises of the Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode. Limited accommodation on twin sharing and first-come-first-served basis is available in the guesthouses at IIMK campus. There are an adequate number of hotels of various categories available in Calicut and the same can be arranged on request, for participants not getting accommodation on campus.
Registration fee covers the cost of conference material and lunch during the conference for non-residential participants. For residential participants, it also covers boarding and lodging costs for the entire conference duration. Registration for the conference can be made through the enclosed registration form. The registration form, along with the registration fee by demand draft in favour of Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode drawn on any scheduled bank payable at Kozhikode, should reach the Conference Coordinator at the address mentioned below by January 31, 2006. Late registration beyond the deadline and spot registration, subject to availability of seats, will be permitted on payment of an additional fee of 20% of the normal registration fee. Registration form can be downloaded from the conference website at www.iimk.ac.in/globalcompt.htm
Address for Correspondence
Prof. Neeraj Dwivedi, Coordinator
Conference on Global Competitiveness
Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
IIMK Campus P.O., Kunnamangalam,
Kozhikode – 673 570 (Kerala), India
Phone: +91-495-2809101, Fax: +91-495-2803010, E-mail: email@example.com
Website: www.gcfindia.org, www.iimk.ac.in