World Nano-Economic Congress (WNEC 2006)
Venue: Hyatt Regency Mumbai
|Event Date/Time: Mar 27, 2006||End Date/Time: Mar 29, 2006|
|Registration Date: Mar 27, 2006|
|Early Registration Date: Jan 20, 2006|
The World Nano-Economic Congress (WNEC) is the one comprehensive event that brings together the thought leaders in science, government, and business to discuss the entire value chain of nanotechnology’s commercial development.
Already established as an annual event in Singapore, the WNEC now comes to one of Asia’s fastest growing economies, helping delegates and exhibitors tap into India’s emerging rich seam of technology talent.
With a stock market hitting record highs, an annual production of engineering graduates five times higher than the United States, and industries from textiles to automotive already taking advantage of nanotechnologies for both domestic and export markets, India is poised to be one of the 21st Century’s nanotech winners.
The WNEC events have been able to bring together both comprehensive program on the varied applications of nanotechnologies within industry with world-renowned speakers.
Past speakers include:
• Shimon Peres, Former Prime Minister of Israel and Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
• Richard E. Smalley, Nobel Prize Laureate for his co-discovery of the Buckyball
• Harold Kroto, Nobel Prize Laureate for his co-discovery of the Buckyball
• Rep. Mike Honda, Co-Sponsor of the Nanotechnology Act
• David L. Tennenhouse, Vice President, Corporate Technology Group, Director of Research, Intel
• Phil Bond, Undersecretary of Technology, US Department of Commerce
• Terry Lowe, Los Alamos National Laboratory
• Larry Bock, CEO, Nanosys
• Goran Lindahl, Co-Chairman, Nanomix and Board Member, DuPont, Sony, Ericsson
• Rodney Slater, Former Secretary of Transportation in the Clinton Administration
These are just a few of the some 300 speakers that have participated in WNEC events since their inaugural event in 2003.
Again, this year the conference program of the WNEC has been entirely developed by Cientifica—the leading consulting company on nanotechnology and its impact on industries worldwide. And, Cientifica has joined with the Economic Development Board of Singapore to ensure that the WNEC Singapore reflects the interests and aims of the Asian marketplace as it examines the role of nanotechnology in their businesses.