Event Date/Time: Jan 30, 2006
End Date/Time: Jan 31, 2006
1) Understanding the importance of data management and disaster recovery.
2) Showcasing the latest methods and developments in data management systems especially in data storage and data consolidation.
3) Highlighting the best data disaster recovery plans from established organisation from around the region.
4) Assessing the latest risks and threats in data management.
5) Maximising ROI and minimise total cost of ownership with the right data management systems.
Among the key speakers invited are:
1) Zaki Sabbagh Chief Information Officer
Zamil Industrial Investment Corporation
Middle East CIO of the year 2004 - Middle East CIO Summit, IT Manager of the year 2004 -
ACN Arabian Computer News.
2) Dr Mohammed Emir Mavani Advisor, Public Sector Reforms. Director, Federal e-Government Programme. Ministry of Finance and Industry, UAE.
3) Sabri Al Azazi Chief Information Officer
Dubai Holding (parent company of Dubai Internet City, Dubai Healthcare City, Dubai Media City and Dubai Free Zone).
4) Balwant Rathore International President
Open Information Systems Security Group.
5) Muntaser Ayyash IT Operations Manager
6) Dr. Sarper Tanli Director of Planning and Healthcare Informatics, Najati Ali-Hassan Healthcare Informatics Manager
Dubai Healthcare City.
7) Abdallah El Kadi PMP, CISSP Group IT Manager
Al Rostamani Group of Companies.
8) Dr. Abdullah Abonamah Professor and Director
Institute for Technological Innovations, Zayed University.
9) Dr. Ali Guidoum Information Technology Director, Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) Distribution.
Several industries in the Middle East are heavily dependent on their data for success in the competitive world of today. Data management covers a wide range of specific data handling processes, which includes storage, transfer, security, consolidation, capture, recovery and many more Hence, it is imperative to safeguard this data to ensure that the information will always be available and valid. This responsibility comes with a high price, as proper data management requires a complex, sophisticated and well-maintained IT Infrastructure in addition to a well-trained workforce to manage it. Data is also growing fast in the Middle East. The expansion of data is mostly unpredictable, therefore having a flexible IT infrastructure that can sustain this unstable storage and management requirement is important.
Disaster recovery planning is also key in ensuring the safety of company data. Studies have shown that although some companies in the Middle East are still operating without a disaster recovery plan, others mostly already have, or are in the process of implementation. However, a clear understanding on effective planning, implementation steps, maintenance and testing is still insufficient among these organizations.
More and more companies in the Middle East are facing data management issues and finding the best solution for these different requirements. This is critical in ensuring smooth operations of companies from different industries within the region. This conference forms the platform for data managers to network, benchmark and analyze the latest developments in data management intelligence through case-study presentations and group discussions, which, in turn, will increase product and service quality.
For more information, please contact us in the Marketing Department and attention to Woon Chin Fatt;
Telephone: +603 2723 6611
Fax: +603 2723 6622