TECHNARTE 2006 (TECHNARTE 2006)
|Event Date/Time: May 25, 2006||End Date/Time: May 26, 2006|
|Registration Date: May 19, 2006|
|Early Registration Date: Mar 24, 2006|
|Abstract Submission Date: Jan 31, 2006|
|Paper Submission Date: Jan 31, 2006|
TECHNARTE, the International Conference on Art & Technology, is organised by the Innovalia Association, corporate R&D Unit, whose head office is located in Bilbao, Vizcaya (Spain).
The Innovalia Association is trying, with this initiative, to create new opportunities for artists and technologist, and to release the last and more advanced technological developments that help to make the artists´s job easier.
.: C A L L F O R P A P E R S :.
TECHNARTE invites developers as well as experts in Art and Technology to share their experiences in some of the proposed subjects.
Professionals have the possibility of sending their papers before the 31th January 2006 through the web page http://www.technarte.org/convocatoria.htm
The papers will be divided into 3 categories:
Presentations. Papers about current developments in Art and Technology, problems and solutions, etc.
They will last 30 or 60 minutes.
Tutorials. These will offer a complete vision of a technology, tools, instruments or work methodology.
They will last a maximum of 1 hour, preferring brieves tutorials of 15 or 30 minutes.
Practice cases. These will show how a determined technology is used to make artistic developments. Preferably with examples of the development of a particular work.
They will last a maximum of 30 minutes.
.: R E Q U I R E M E N T S :.
TECHNARTE 2006 will compile a special publication of the papers accepted by the Technical Committee. This Technical Committee will evaluate the presented proposals that fulfill the following requirements:
1.: They must include a summary of the presentation, the content and objectives of the presentation, and the relation with the subject of the Conference.
2.: A short version of the Curriculum Vitae of the author or authors of the presentation must be sent.
3.: The contact data must be provided.
TOPICS. 4 BLOCS
Management & Technology
• Technology for art, new management models
• Virtual Museums
• Security in enclosed or closed spaces: new developments
• Art Competitions & new technologies: absolute route
Art & Technology
• Painting & technology, a new paradigm of artistic creation
• Sculpture & technology, an alliance in permanent development
• Digital Stamping
• Public Art from the electronic media
• Photographic & digital techniques
New artistic disciplines
• Digital Art
• Net.art as a collective experience
• Work as a team, multidisciplinary synergies
• Software art
• Video on-line
• Robotics Sculpture
Reflection & Innovation
• The disappearance of the frontiers between Art & Science
• Technoethic, the meeting between Technology & the Mind
• Art, communication, technology & development
• Cyberspace Philosophy: the homo-cyber
• Interactivity, new artistic concepts