10th Congress of the Middle East Society for Organ Transplantation (MESOT2006)
|Event Date/Time: Nov 26, 2006||End Date/Time: Nov 29, 2006|
|Registration Date: Sep 30, 2006|
|Early Registration Date: Aug 30, 2006|
|Abstract Submission Date: Jul 31, 2006|
Kuwait had the honor of hosting the second congress in 1990 and has been honored again to host the 10th International Congress in November 2006.
Over 50 international guest speakers are invited to the congress. The program of the congress includes the following:
Pre-congress work shops
1. Transplant coordination:
Transplant Procurement Management (TPM)
Donor detection, Identification and evaluation diagnosis of death
Organ viability and selection criteria
Family and social relations including family interview
Multiorgan extraction organization
2. Advanced course in clinical transplantation:
Immunobiology allograft rejection
Advances in cross matching and tissue typing
Evaluation living donors
Evaluation of Kidney transplant recipients
Advances Clinical immunosuppression
Role of kidney biopsy in transplantation
Ethics in transplantation
Guidelines in long term surveillance of transplantation
Post transplant malignancies
Transplantation in special groups
Highly sensitized recipients
HCV positive recipients
HBV positive recipients
Congress Preliminary Scientific Program.
a. Plenary Sessions.
1. Immunosuppression – Minimisation and withdrawal:
2. Management of post transplant viral infection:
3. Hypertension and cardiovascular disease after transplantation:
4. Legal, Ethical and Religious issues in transplantation:
5. Acute Rejection:
6. Post transplant malignancies:
b. State of Art Symposia.
1. Laproscopic donor nephrectomy
2. Paediatric kidney transplantation
3. Post transplant immunosuppression
4. Improving outcomes in kidney transplantation
5. Liver Transplantation
6. Metabolic complications after transplantation
7. Increasing donor availability in kidney transplantation
8. Bone marrow transplantation
9. Pregnancy and other reproductive issues after kidney transplantation
10. Newer insights and targets to tolerance induction
11. Experimental transplantation
12. Surgical: kidney transplantation
13. Surgical: Liver transplantation
14. Surgical: Pancreas transplantation
c. Early bird symposia.
1. Transplantation in highly sensitized recipients:
2. Islet cell Transplantation
3. Management of post transplant chronic allograft dysfunction
Important Congress Information
a. Congress Secretary
P. O. Box 307, Hawalli 32004
Tele: +965 6080801
Fax: +965 2560751
The congress will be held from Sunday 26th November 2006 through Wednesday 29th November 2006.
c. Important Dates.
a. Abstract submission deadline : 31st July 2006
b. Early registration deadline : 31st August 2006
c. Late registration deadline : 30th September 2006
d. Refund deadline : 15th October 2006
d. Congress Venue.
The Congress will be held at ‘Salwa Sabah Al-Ahmed’ Hall beside Marina Hotel, Kuwait City, Kuwait.
e. Official Language.
English is the official language of the Congress.
f. Congress Exhibition.
An exhibition will be organized during the congress displaying pharmaceutical and scientific products related to transplantation. Participants will have the opportunity to explore some of the latest innovations in the transplantation field.
g. Official Invitation.
Delegates requiring an official letter of invitation in order to obtain a visa or authorization to attend the congress please write to the secretariat or obtain it at the congress website.
Please note that it is not a commitment on the part of the organizers to provide financial assistance to any delegate or accompanying person. Expenses incurred are the sole responsibility of the delegate.
h. Certificate of Attendance and CME Points.
Certificate of attendance and CME credit points will be provided with the congress bags to all registered attendees.
The organizing Committee will not assume any responsibility for accidents, losses or damages, or for delays or modifications in the program.
A name badge will be provided on-site with the Congress documentation. Wearing this badge is required in order to enter the session rooms and all other organized events.
k. Lunch and Breaks.
Lunch is included in the registration fee and will be provided during the congress. During breaks coffee and tea will be available complimentary for all participants.
Registration Fee (USD)
[A] main congress:
Main congress Before July 31st, 2006
members 200 USD
Non-members 300 USD
Trainees 100 USD
After July 31st, 2006
MESOT members 300 USD
Non-members 400 USD
Trainees 150 USD
[B] precongess workshop:
Workshop 1: Transplant coordination
Workshop 2: Clinical transplantation
Participants are allowed to register for only one workshop, they are encouraged to register early due to the limited number of available slots, Registration fee is USD 100 for any precongress workshop.
[C] accompanying persons: registration fee is US$ 100, a maximum of 2 accompanying persons is allowed.
Method of Payment
Payment can be made by the following methods:
1. Online Using Credit Cards
2. Bank Draft / credit card Payable to “MESOT 2006”
· Notification of cancellation must be sent in writing to congress secretariat.
· Written cancellation received before 30 September 2006 will be refunded, less a cancellation fee of 10%.
· All refunds will be processed and paid after 20th December 2006.
Confirmation of Registration and receipt
Upon receipt of the registration form and clearance of payment, an official receipt and confirmation of registration will be sent.
Please keep your official receipt and confirmation of registration – these should be produced at the registration desk to obtain your name badge, congress bags and Certificate of Attendance.
Participant’s registration fee includes:
· Final program and abstract book
· Congress bag
· Certificate of attendance and CME points
· Attendance at all scientific sessions
· Access to posters and commercial exhibition and satellite symposia lunches and coffee breaks
· MESOT Welcome reception and gala dinner.
Accompanying person’s fee includes:
· MESOT Welcome reception and gala dinner,
· social events
· free sight seeing tour
Last date for early registration is July 31st , 2006,
For further information please contact:
P. O. Box 307, Hawalli 32004
Tele: +965 7859446
Fax: +965 2560751
We look forward to welcoming you to Kuwait for MESOT 2006 Congress.