Summerschool Business for Non-Business Students
Venue: Cologne Business School
|Event Date/Time: Jul 17, 2006||End Date/Time: Aug 26, 2006|
|Registration Date: Jun 12, 2006|
Advantages of this program are that you:
• earn academic (ECTS) credits
• study at the CBS, which has a long tradition of practice-oriented, student-centred teaching
• will spend six weeks in one of Germany’s most attractive cities
• work with students from various international universities
• enhance your prospects on the labour market after graduating in your studies.
Who should participate in this summer program?
In today’s labor market, knowledge of managing organizations and of business administration becomes increasingly important. This summer program will introduce you to the tools that you need to analyze the strategic environment of firms, analyze markets and conduct business research. In six weeks we introduce you to the principles of management and organization, of accounting and economics.
The program is designed for all those non-business undergraduate students (students in arts, sciences, engineering, law and humanities) who seek to get a grasp of the fundamentals of business management. Ideally, our participants have absolved two years of undergraduate studies. However, they can also be recent graduates.
Upon completion of their summer program, participants have obtained a competitive edge in finding a business job and have a better understanding of the functioning of the economy. Thus, our program gives them the tools to find a better job in today’s competitive labour market.
The CBS Summer program Curriculum
Our six week summer program will enroll you into the following courses:
• Accounting (28 contact hours), 5 ECTS credits
• Economics (22 contact hours), 4 ECTS credits
• Strategic Management & Organizational Behaviour (28 contact hours), 5 ECTS credits.
• Operations management (28 contact hours), 5 ECTS credits
• Marketing (28 contact hours), 5 ECTS credits.
We also teach three workshops:
• A management skills workshop, in which we develop your rhetorical skills;
• A career workshop, in which we help you to plan your career;
• A management game, in which you will apply the acquired knowledge in a competition between several teams
In addition to these courses and workshops, we organize three company visits.