9th International Conference on Interactive Computer aided Learning (ICL2006)
Venue: Carinthia Tech Institute
|Event Date/Time: Sep 27, 2006||End Date/Time: Sep 29, 2006|
|Registration Date: Sep 27, 2006|
|Early Registration Date: Aug 31, 2006|
|Abstract Submission Date: May 19, 2006|
|Paper Submission Date: Sep 04, 2006|
This interdisciplinary conference aims to focus on the exchange of relevant trends and research results as well as the presentation of practical experiences gained while developing and testing elements of interactive computer aided learning. Therefore pilot projects, applications and products will also be welcome.
This conference will be organized by the Carinthia Tech Institute, Villach/Austria in cooperation with:
* European Distance and E-learning Network (EDEN)
* Federal Ministry for Education, Science and Culture of Austria (BM:BWK)
* IEEE Education Society
* Austrian Computer Society (OCG)
* University of Klagenfurt
* FernUniversität Hagen
Topics of interest
* Web based learning (WBL)
* Computer based learning (CBL)
* Computer aided language learning (CALL)
* Telelearning / Teleteaching / Teletutoring
* Life long learning
* Mobile learning environments/applications
* Tools for interactive learning and teaching
* Platforms and authoring tools
* Adaptive learning environments
* Networks/Grids for learning
* Knowledge management and learning
* Collaborative learning
* Applications of the Semantic Web
* Methods of content adaption
* Standards and style-guides
* Remote and virtual laboratories
* Multimedia applications and virtual reality
* Pedagogical and psychological issues
* Evaluation and outcomes assessment
* New learning models and applications
* Real world experiences
* Pilot projects / Products / Applications
Types of sessions
* Full Paper sessions: 20 minutes presentation followed by a panel discussion. This papers will be reviewed by the program committee.
* Short paper sessions: 15 minutes presentation
* Interactive demonstrations: 15 minutes demonstration. (online demonstrations or lectures from a remote location are also welcome).
* Poster sessions
Other opportunities to participate:
* Run a workshop or tutorial. Proposals should clearly indicate the topic, background knowledge expected of the participants, objectives, and the qualifications of the instructor.
* Organize a thematic session. Proposals should include a minimum of three papers, a session title, a list of the topics covered, and qualifications of the session organizer. The name of the session organizer will appear in the program and the proceedings.
* Exhibit at the ICL products and developments of eLearning technology.
The proceedings will be published on CD in cooperation with the Kassel University Press
(own ISBN number).
For format instructions see: template.doc .
Some authors will be invited to submit extended versions of their paper for publication in the "European Journal of Open and Distance Learning" (EURODL) or the "International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning" (iJET).