1st International Conference on Interactive Mobile and Computer aided Learning (IMCL2006)
|Event Date/Time: Apr 19, 2006||End Date/Time: Apr 21, 2006|
|Early Registration Date: Mar 31, 2006|
The future of Mobile Technology in Education
The conference aims to promote the development of Mobile Learning in the Middle East, provide a forum for education and knowledge transfer and encourage the study and implementation of mobile applications in teaching and learning. The conference will also present an opportunity for educators to develop new skills and to stimulate critical debate on theories, approaches, principles and applications of m-learning, hence facilitate dialogue, sharing and networking between diverse cultures with regard to the optimal use of emerging technologies.
The conference will provide participants with the newest state of the art on portable devices and their role in university education and potential benefits for learning purposes. Examples of the implementation by laptops, palmtops, mobile phones, PDA, smartphones, WAPs, GPS and a navigational system, WWW-access via Bluetooth, WLAN or GPRS will be presented, accompanied by experimentations to demonstrate their coherence and feasibility.
This conference will be organized by:
* Princess Sumaya University for Technology, Jordan
* Carinthia Tech Institute, Austria
* Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
Topics of interest
* M-learning applications in teaching and learning;
* Mobile technology support for educator and student;
* Design and development of course content for MLearning
* M-learning emerging hardware and software;
* M-learning management systems;
* PDA content formats and field experiments;
* Mobile video Conferencing;
* Mobile WWW-connection;
* M-learning objects and development tools;
* Service providers for mobile networks;
* M-learning standards;
* Life-long m-learning;
* Impact of m-learning on social change;
* Future trends in m-learning;
* Web and Computer-based learning;
* Tools for interactive learning and teaching;
* Platforms and authoring tools;
* New learning models and applications;
* Applications of the Semantic Web;
* Adaptive learning environments;
* E-learning and knowledge management;
* Methods of content adoption;
* Project-based learning;
* Collaborative learning evaluation and outcomes assessment;
* Multimedia applications and virtual reality;
* Virtual campus and e-learning;
* Remote and virtual laboratories;
* Remote measurement technologies;
* Concepts for remote engineering;
* Remote group simulations;
* Virtual environments for education and training;
* E-learning and m-learning demands in education and training.
Types of sessions
* Full Paper sessions: 20 minutes presentation followed by a panel discussion. This papers will be reviewed by the program committee.
* Short paper sessions: 15 minutes presentation.
* Interactive demonstrations: 15 minutes demonstration. (online demonstrations from a remote location are also welcome).
* Poster sessions
Other opportunities to participate
* Run a workshop or tutorial. Proposals should clearly indicate the topic, background knowledge expected of the participants, objectives, and the qualifications of the instructor.
* Organize a thematic session. Proposals should include a minimum of three papers, a session title, a list of the topics covered, and qualifications of the session organizer. The name of the session organizer will appear in the program and the proceedings.
* Exhibit at the IMCL products and developments of eLearning and mLearning technology.
The proceedings will be published on CD in cooperation with the Kassel University Press (own ISBN number).
Some authors will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers for publication in appropriate international journals.