Suicide Terrorism & Bomb Security: The Israeli Perspective (Suicide Bombing)
|Event Date/Time: Mar 09, 2006|
Countering Suicide Bombers; Identifying Suspicious People and Activity;
Bomb Detection and First Response Guidelines
March 22-23, 2006
Holiday Inn BWI Airport Conference Center
890 Elkridge Landing Road
Baltimore, MD 21090
Registration: 7:30-8:30am (Day One only)
Program: 8:30am- 4:30pm
a. Deliver comprehensive information on the threat of suicide/homicide terrorism, identification of bombs and their components
b. Identification of suicide bombers and guidelines on how to counter the threat.
c. Provide participants with the tools necessary to prepare for these extreme situations, and possible courses of action.
Who Should Attend?
• Federal, state and local counter-terrorism officers
• Law Enforcement Officers
• Emergency Responders
• Public Works Officials
• Critical Infrastructure Security Officers
• Corporate Security Officers and Analysts
• Introduction: Fundamental Islamic terror, Al Qaeda & the Global Jihad
• Bombing & Suicide Terrorism: roots and trends
• Identifying the components used in bombs
• Characteristics of standard and improvised explosives
• Weapon & explosive concealment detection
• Suspicious objects – definition, detection and first response
• Secondary devices and counter-measures
• Suicide Bombing – Al Qaeda modus operandi
• VBIED (Car bomb) - The threat, identification, inspection and first response
• Identification of suicide terrorists
• Tactical deployment to counter suicide bombing and mitigate it
• Dealing with an armed suicide bomber
• Terror incident management guidelines and tips
• Prevention - the Israeli security concept
The workshop is based on Israeli experience and best practices and is taught by Mr. Tal Hanan, a reserve IDF captain in the Special Forces and renowned counter-terrorism trainer, specializing in the field of ex-plosives and suicide terrorism. Mr. Hanan is CEO of Demoman International, an international security consulting firm.
Mr. Hanan (http://www.suicide-terrorism.com) emphasizes in his classes lessons learned from suicide
terror attacks that can be implemented by law enforcement and private security officers. He accompanies his presentations with inert models of bomb vests and components as well as the latest footage from incidents around the world.
Thousands of federal, state and local officers have benefited from Mr. Hanan’s experience and knowledge at his training workshops and presentations conducted throughout the US.
Registration Fee: (Includes morning coffee & donuts and lunch, both days)
Small Business: $495
- Group Rates Are Available
Special Room Rate: $149 per night, available until March 15, 2006
Click Here To Download The Event Registration Form
Polaris Strategies, LLC | 2311 Calvert St. NW, Washington, D.C. 20008
t 202.747.0495 | f 202.530.0660 | email email@example.com