Ironmaking and Coal Conference
|Event Date/Time: Jun 23, 2006||End Date/Time: Jun 24, 2006|
|Registration Date: May 15, 2006|
|Abstract Submission Date: May 15, 2006|
|Paper Submission Date: May 30, 2006|
• Meeting Iron Ore, Coal & Coke requirements for sponge-iron & steel industry
• Beneficiation of low grade Ores.
• Price and availability of key raw materials including Iron ore, Coal etc.
• Survival strategies for DRI/Sponge iron units
• DRI vs Scrap as input material for steelmaking through EAF/IF route
• New technologies in Ironmaking for cost competitiveness
• Use of alternate fuels like Coal gas, Natural gas / PCI etc.
• Role of government as a facilitator
• Barter prospects with China with Iron ore against Coal
• Innovations and enhancement in productivity through traditional blast furnace route
• Automation development
• Environmental issues & Pollution control
• Co-generation of Power using Waste Heat
• Coke Oven Plants & By-product recovery