Event Date/Time: Apr 20, 2006
Abstract Submission Date:
May 15, 2006
Paper Submission Date:
Jun 03, 2006
Focus of the Conference
Theme of the Conference: Contemporary research in Human Science for the Generation Next – Inter disciplinary
Information and guidelines for Paper Presentation
Research papers are invited from Scientists, Medical professionals, Dietitians, Faculty, Industrial delegates, Research Scholars and Students on the latest developments in different aspects of Community, Sports and Clinical Nutrition, Nutritional Biochemistry, Food Microbiology, Biotechnology, Human Development and Family Studies, Interior Design and Decor, Textile Science and Fashion Designing.
· Mail your abstract with a maximum of 250 words on A4 size paper immediately i.e. before 15th May 2006. The full length paper in CD should be submitted by the first week of June.
· Fill up the Registration form enclosed and send it along with the abstract and the Registration fee by DD in favour of The Principal, JBAS College for Women. The Registration fee is Rs. 750/-(INR) per delegate for the faculty and Rs.400/-(INR) for students.
· A second circular will be sent to the persons whose address and registration fee is received.
· Travel and accommodation arrangements to be made by the delegates themselves. No expenditure will be met by us.
· Duration for the oral presentation will be 7 minutes (maximum of 15 PowerPoint slides) and 3 minutes for discussion.
· Once the abstract is accepted, a reminder will be sent and full paper should be sent along with CD.
· Paper without the registration fee will be disqualified without intimation.
· Prizes for the best papers presented will be given.
· Papers received for presentation, if found good, will be published in the National Journal “Indian Journal of Human Science”.
Guidelines for Poster Presentation
Posters are invited from participants on the following themes.
· Prevention is better than cure – HIV/AIDS.
· Girl child is no less than a boy – Eliminate her not.
· Prevalence of nutritional deficiency diseases in India – with original photographs.
· Designer wear for the Generation Next.
· Landscaping – Commercial/Residential.
- Posters have to be of 60cm x 90 cm size in English. The mounting material will be provided by the college.
- Only printed posters in one single sheet are allowed. Let the information be brief. Posters can have large sized colourful pictures, figures and captions.
- The poster presenter will be responsible for mounting up and removing the poster. Place for mounting the poster will be provided.
- Only registered participants are allowed to present the posters.
- Poster presenters are expected to stand near their posters during poster viewing session.
Judges decision will be final for the selection of the best poster.
The Justice Basheer Ahmed Sayeed College for Women is one of the premier educational institutions in the state of Tamilnadu. The institution was established and started functioning in the year 1955 and was founded by the late legal luminary and the reformer, the then Judge of the Madras High Court, Justice Basheer Ahmed Sayeed assisted by his illustrious wife, Hajani Fathima Akhthar Sahiba and like minded colleagues with the mission of providing higher education to women, especially to the girls of the minority community. The College is located in the heart of Chennai on an extent of about 16 acres, abutting Anna Salai.
The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) has accredited the College and accorded it a “five – star” status. NAAC has commended the College with the remark that “the College has always been kept open for all eligible women students from all parts of the country irrespective of caste, creed and religion, encouraging, empowerment and overall development of women.
The College today has forty departments with a student’s strength of about 6,000 and staff strength of about 300 in both day and evening sessions. There are fourteen UG , six PG departments and three Research Departments guiding students for research and Doctoral Degrees in the day college and thirteen UG and seven PG departments in the evening college.
Profile of the Department
The Department of Human Science is four decades old and offers B.Sc. Nutrition, Food Service Management and Dietetics, B.Sc. Nutrition, Food Service Management and Dietetics with vocational subject Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics and B.Sc. Interior Design and décor at the UG level and “Textile Science and Fashion Designing” and “Human Development and Family Studies” at the PG level. It has now grown to a full fledged research department offering M.Phil and Ph.D Programmes. The Department has successfully conducted several seminars, workshops, conferences, UGC minor and major research projects, refresher courses with sponsorship from UGC, DST, Agha Khan Foundation (Geneva), NCERT, ICSSR, ICAR and IDRC (Canada). The Alumni of the Department are spread all over the world and have made a mark as Nutritionists, Dietitians, Professors and Entrepreneurs.
Textile Science and Fashion Designing
The major challenging areas of the ongoing research in the Department are fiber studies, mechanics of knitted and woven structures, fabric finishing processes, textile design, fashion designing and garment construction.
Human Development and Family Studies
The thrust areas of research include early childhood education, special education, child labour, street and migrant children, juvenile delinquency, children with special needs, school drop outs, problems of old age and problems of today’s youth.
The ongoing full - time and part - time Ph.D programme on Inter - Disciplinary basis includes Foods and Nutrition, Clinical Nutrition, Community Nutrition, AIDS awareness, Women’s empowerment and subjects related to Human Science (Home Science).
Two Add-On certificate courses entitled “Sports Nutrition Consultancy” and Textile Designing, Dyeing, Printing and Entrepreneurship” were started in the year 2005 –’06.
Date: 13th and 14th July,2006,
Title: NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON“HUMAN SCIENCE FOR THE GENERATION NEXT”
Place: THE JUSTICE BASHEER AHMED SAYEED COLLEGE FOR WOMEN, Chennai- 600018.
Reader and Head, Department of PG Studies and Research in Human Science,
Justice Basheer Ahmed Sayeed College for Women,
Teynampet,Chennai – 600 018. Tamilnadu.
Ph: 91-44-42014987 / 91-98402 71801 / 91-98408 11678
Fees:Rs. 500/- per delegate for the faculty, Rs.250/- for students.