IUJ Symposium on Value Co-Creation (VCC2006)
|Event Date/Time: May 12, 2006||End Date/Time: May 12, 2006|
To generate new conversations and stimulate collaboration in this exciting area, International University of Japan (IUJ) is organizing an academic meeting:
IUJ Symposium on Value Co-Creation
Date: 12 May 2006, Friday, 9:45am - 6:00pm (registration starting at 9:15am)
Location: IUJ Tokyo Office GLOCOM Hall (15-21, Roppongi 6-chome)
Note: No entrance fee required. The symposium will be conducted in English.
Presentations are grouped into three broad areas of concern: consumption and marketing, creativity and design, and production and technology. Covering a wide variety of issues, the presenters will talk about:
· Value Co-Creation, Co-Creation System
· Innovation Networks, Consumer Communities
· Prosumer System, Customer as Innovator
· Intelligent Space, Experience Environment
· Interaction Design, Experience Design
· Participatory Design, User-Centered Design
· Collective Creativity, Creativity Support
· Collective Intelligence, Collaborative Engineering
· Agent-Based Modeling, Multi-Agent Simulation
· Emergence, Complexity
The following distinguished scholars are confirmed to deliver presentations on the symposium:
· Prof. Nobutada Fujii: University of Tokyo, Research into Artifacts Center for Engineering
· Prof. Shuichi Fukuda. Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Technology, Faculty of Engineering
· Prof. Yutaka Hamaoka. Keio University, Faculty of Business and Commerce
· Prof. Hideki Hashimoto. University of Tokyo, Institute of Industrial Science
· Prof. Kumiyo Nakakoji. University of Tokyo, Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, and SRA Key Technology Lab. Inc.
· Prof. Kerimcan Ozcan. International University of Japan, Graduate School of International Management
· Prof. Masaki Tomochi. Chuo University, Faculty of Policy Studies
· Prof. Kanji Ueda. University of Tokyo, Research into Artifacts Center for Engineering
On this occasion, we are also much honored to feature as keynote speaker Dr. Venkat Ramaswamy, Professor of Marketing and Computer and Information Systems at University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business. Professor Ramaswamy has recently co-authored the book "The Future of Competition: Co-Creating Unique Value with Customers" ("Kachi kyousou no mirai e – Kokyaku to kigyou no Co-creation", Harvard Business School Press, 2004) with renowned management guru Professor C.K. Prahalad. Having published a series of award-winning articles on value co-creation in prestigious journals such as Harvard Business Review, Sloan Management Review, Strategy+Business (also in Japanese), and Journal of Interactive Marketing, he has been an invited speaker at Motorola, Nokia, HP, Honeywell, Infosys, British Airways, Nomura Research Institute, and Sony.
How to Participate
The number of participants will be limited to 75 to provide a participatory and productive environment for multi-disciplinary dialogue. If you want to reserve a seat for this event, please reply to Prof. Kerimcan Ozcan (email@example.com) with a brief description of your professional and/or research interests and affiliations.