South African SMME Conference and Awards (SMME Conf & Awards)
|Event Date/Time: Oct 26, 2006||End Date/Time: Oct 26, 2006|
|Registration Date: Oct 25, 2006|
|Early Registration Date: May 31, 2006|
26 October 2006
Birchwood Executive Hotel, Boksburg, Johannesburg
The South African economy has witnessed a sustained growth over the last 10 years. Much of this growth can be attributed to the government’s good macroeconomics policies which are favourably designed to support the Small Medium and Micro Enterprise (SMMEs) sector. SMME Development is vital to promoting sustainable economic development. For South Africa, with its dual economy, Big Business, development institutions, government and other private and public sector organisations have a critical role to play to promote SMME development in the country through a number of channels including empowerment partnerships, mentorship support and awareness campaigns and through relevant skills transfer schemes. Small, Medium and Micro Enterprise development is central to the government’s broad-based black economic empowerment agenda. In his recent State of the Nation Address, President Mbeki stressed on the need for big business, government and other development partners to join forces to ensure that the benefits of the sustained growth the country is enjoying at the moment trickles down to the lower end of the dual economy.
2. SMME Conference and Awards
In line with the government’s drive to support and profile the role that SMMEs play in promoting economic growth and job creation, the Africagrowth Academy in partnership with Provincial governments, IDC, DBSA, Seda, Major Banks SABC, Print media, Academic and private sector institutions and other enterprise support agencies will be organising a South Africa’s First SMME Annual Conference and Awards Ceremony on the 26 October 2006 at The Birchwood Executive Hotel, Boksburg, Johannesburg. The Conference and Awards ceremony will be aimed at presenting latest trends in SMME development in the country and recognising and presenting awards to successful SMMEs by sector and province. The main aim is to support and show-case South Africa’s finest entrepreneurial achievements in the SMMEs sector. This event will be organised annually. The awards will consist of Provincial and Sectoral categories.
3. Aims and Objectives of Conference and Award Ceremony
• To showcase South Africa’s successful SMMEs;
• To promote and highlight the role that SMMEs play in economic development;
• To present case studies and research findings in the SMME sector;
• To present South African SMME sector indices and indicators;
• To bring together governments, development institutions, investors, academics and private sector institutions who are involved in SMMEs in the development of the SMMEs sector;
• To discuss best practices in the SMMEs sector;
• To bring Big Business and SMMEs together “under one roof”;
• To help promote SMMEs Research;
Should you be interested to become a sponsor for this vital national initiative, please contact :Dina Potgieter, Tel: (021) 945 4024, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about the sponsorship options and benefits.
5. Conference Registration Fees:
- Normal Delegate : R850 (Include Awards banquet)
- Student : R500 (Include Awards banquet)
- Attend only Award Banquet : R250
For more details, please contact:
Tel: (021) 945 4024
Fax: (021) 946 1652
It is our business to help your business!