CollECTeR LatAm Conference 2006 (Collaborative Electronic Commerce Technology and Research) (CollECTeR LatAm 2006)
|Event Date/Time: Sep 27, 2006||End Date/Time: Sep 29, 2006|
|Registration Date: Sep 27, 2006|
|Early Registration Date: Sep 01, 2006|
|Abstract Submission Date: Jun 15, 2006|
|Paper Submission Date: Jun 15, 2006|
Valparaiso, Chile, 27-29 September 2006
CollECTeR (Collaborative Electronic Commerce Technology and Research) is a joint venture undertaken by universities around the world which, through a loose federation of research centres -one located at each institution-provides both depth and breadth of expertise in Electronic Commerce. It was originally established by nine universities in Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, and since its inception it has grown to over twenty institutions, including now research centres in England, Slovenia, the United States, Canada and Chile.
CollECTeR LatAm 2006 is the fourth CollECTeR conference in South America, and is organized by the Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María (UTFSM, Valparaiso, Chile (www.utfsm.cl). It will be held from September 27 through September 29, 2006. Valparaíso is a World Heritage city, on the coast of the Pacific Ocean and close to the world-renown wineries of the Casablanca Valley, and a flight away from Easter Island, the Atacama Desert and Patagonia.
Suggested topics classifications are available at
http://www.collecter-latam.org/index.php , but related work is also welcome.
Representative topics are:
- e-Commerce & e-Business: business models, technology models, design
methodologies, pioneering uses, perspectives
- Mobile e-Commerce: mobile-enabled business; models, technologies,
methodologies, and uses
- e-Education: e-learning, knowledge management, digital literacy
- e-Government: experiences, services
- Legal and Social Issues: informatics law, privacy, identity, intellectual
property in an e- and m-enabled world
Practitioners and researchers are invited to participate in one of three modes:
* TECHNICAL TRACK: Submitting research papers or practice reports, in
English, describing work in progress (2000 words) or completed work (5000 words). Research papers should cover original work and be unpublished.
All submissions will be reviewed anonymously. All accepted submissions will be published in regular ISBN proceedings, and the best papers will be published in the peer reviewed Journal of Theoretical and Applied Electronic Commerce Research (http://www.jtaer.com).
* VIRTUAL TRACK: Authors wishing to submit their work for review and eventual publication, but unable to physically travel to Chile, may submit their papers to a Virtual Track.
* WORKSHOPS and TUTORIALS: Researchers and practitioners may submit proposals for thematic workshops and for tutorial courses.
All presented (and thus published) papers must have at least one author regularly registered in the conference. Additionally, virtual track submissions should be pre-registered.
Submissions and furthwr information will be available at the conference
CollECTeR Latam 2006 is supported by IEEE Chile, SCCC (Chilean Society of Computer Science), ACTI (Chilean TI Association), Conicyt, and GECHS (Group of Chilean Software Businesses).
* General Chair
- Hernán Astudillo, Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María (UTFSM), Chile
* Steering Committee
- Joan Cooper, Flinders University, Australia
- Paula Swatman, University of South Australia, Australia
- Narciso Cerpa, Universitdad de Talca, Chile
- Lois Burgess, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Carole Alcock, University of South Australia, Australia
- Andrés Ruiz-Tagle, Universidad de Talca, Chile
- Carola Jones, Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, Argentina
- Daniel Britos, Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, Argentina
*** Important dates
Paper submission 15/Jun/2006
Notification of acceptance 01/Aug/2006
Authors registration and final papers 01/Sep/2006
Final date for early bird registration 01/Sep/2006
Conference opens 27/Sep/2006