17th Annual Coronary Interventions (CI2006)
Venue: Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines
|Event Date/Time: Sep 27, 2006||End Date/Time: Sep 29, 2006|
|Registration Date: Sep 20, 2006|
|Early Registration Date: Sep 20, 2006|
Coronary Interventions 2006
Live Cases from Scripps Clinic in San Diego, CA and Columbia University in New York, NY
September 27 – 29, 2006
La Jolla, California
Sponsored by Scripps Clinic
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines ~ San Diego, California
Paul S. Teirstein, MD
Chief of Cardiology
Director, Interventional Cardiology
A stimulating and comprehensive program that features live case demonstrations, lectures and panel discussions that will discuss the state-of-the-art concepts and techniques of interventional cardiology.
Interventional cardiologists, cardiologists, vascular surgeons, and internists with an interest in interventional cardiology. No experience in interventional cardiology is required, but a basic understanding of the field is recommended. This course will emphasize solving practical, day to day problems.
After participating in this course, the attendee should be able to:
• Discuss the latest outcome data for drug eluting stents in complex lesion subsets;
• Compare and contrast different medicated stents and the unique attributes of each stent device;
• Recognize the principles and clinical applications of new antiplatelet agents, lower molecular weight heparins, and direct thrombin inhibitors;
• Evaluate the diagnosis and treatment of stent complications;
• Describe the techniques of mechanical and pharmacological angiogenesis;
• Differentiate indications and basic principles of peripheral vascular intervention;
• Determine the risks and benefits of screening, early detection, and prevention in the management of coronary artery disease;
• Discuss new techniques under development for percutaneous cardiac valve repair and replacement;
• Analyze new cardiac imaging modalities; and
• Describe the percutaneous technologies available for stroke prevention in high risk patients.
REGISTRATION FEES & INFORMATION Registration fees: $795 – Physicians
$495 – Fellows & Residents
$250 – Nurses & Technicians
The registration fee includes continental breakfasts, coffee breaks, lunches, the reception, and the course syllabus. You must pre-register for the dinner symposia. Space is limited, so RSVP early!
To register and pay by check, complete the Conference Registration Form, make your check payable (US dollars only) to Scripps Clinic Academic Affairs and mail both to the address below. To register and pay by credit card, please complete the Conference Registration Form and mail or fax it to:
Scripps Clinic Conference Services
10666 N. Torrey Pines Road, GEN2
La Jolla, CA 92037
Telephone: (858) 587-4404
FAX: (858) 587-4438
Scripps Clinic is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Scripps Clinic designates this educational activity for a maximum number of 22.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of the participation in the activity.
Faculty are also required to disclose any investigational product(s) in their presentation(s)and/or those that are not yet labeled for the use under discussion.
Wednesday, September 27th, 6:00 – 7:45 pm
Emerging Interventional Therapies dinner symposium. Please join us for stimulating lectures along with dinner. Be sure to reserve your space for this event on the conference registration form.
Thursday, September 28th, 7:00 – 8:45 pm
Stenting In The Real World dinner symposium. Please join us for stimulating lectures along with dinner. Be sure to reserve your space for this event on the conference registration form.
Thursday, September 28th, 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Enjoy a reception in the Gardens and Foyer at the Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines Hotel. Light hors d’oeuvres will be served along with hosted beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages. All faculty members, attendees, and their guests are invited to attend. Children are welcome!