Prefabs and Pods in the Construction Industry
|Event Date/Time: Nov 02, 2006|
The use of prefabricated pods and modules within the construction industry is rising dramatically, as these constructions potentially offer major reductions in costs and time spent onsite. This seminar will address this growing industry by focussing on:
• The pros and cons of using a pre-fabrication and pods in construction
• The design cycle required to make pre-fabs and pods work
• Integrating the manufacture and installation of pre-fabricated sections and modules into the construction cycle
• The lessons learned off-site – the view of the fabricator
• How well does it work? Case studies from completed projects
Benefits of Attendance
The seminar will highlight the benefits of using a pre-fabricated solution in the construction industry; the requirements for design, planning installation and integration of both the building fabric elements and the building services systems; and the potential pitfalls of introducing this method of building. It will also offer a forum in which potential future users of pre-fabricated techniques can benefit from the lessons learned by those with recent experience.
Who Should Attend
This seminar will appeal to Architects, Building Services Engineers, Civil and Structural Engineers, Building Developers, Facilities Managers, Construction Companies and M&E Services Contractors.