30th All India Criminology Conference and I International Conference of Criminology (30th AICC)
|Event Date/Time: Feb 23, 2007||End Date/Time: Feb 25, 2007|
|Registration Date: Jan 31, 2009|
|Early Registration Date: Jan 15, 2007|
|Abstract Submission Date: Dec 31, 2006|
|Paper Submission Date: Jan 31, 2007|
The 30th All India Criminology Conference will be held during February 23, 24 and 25 of 2007 at the Department of Law, Calcutta University, Calcutta, Members of ISC, academics and students of Criminology & Criminal Justice System, and those associated with voluntary organizations working in the field of crime prevention and correction are invited to participate and contribute to the success of the conference.
THEMES OF THE CONFERENCE
Crime and Justice in the Changing World
Sub Themes of the Conference are :
1. Crime , Law and Technology
2. Digital and Forensic Evidence
3. Best Practices in Criminal Justice Administration
4. Human Trafficking
5. Prison Reforms
6. Justice to Victims
7. Violence against Women
8. Social Construction of Crime
9. Psychology and Crime
10. Facets of Terrorism
11. Community Policing
12. Transnational Crime
CALL FOR PAPERS
Papers on various sub-themes are invited. Apart from the above themes papers dealing with current vital issues are also invited to be presented in the Open Session of the Conference. All the papers may be sent together with abstracts of not exceeding 300 words, to Dr.N.K. Chakroborty, Organizing Secretary, 30th All India Criminology Conference & Professor, Department of Law, University of Calcutta, Kolkata – 700 019. The last date for receipt of paper is January 10, 2007. Papers received after this date will not be accepted. Papers along with the abstract may also be sent to email@example.com.
Research papers based on empirical studies are invited from young research scholars/ students below the age of 35 years for presentation at the scientific session. The paper adjudged as the best one will be awarded the ISC Gold Medal. The last date for sending this paper is December 30th, 2006 and the papers for scientific session and the award should be sent to Secretary, Indian Society of Criminology, Department of Criminology, University of Madras, Chennai 600 005.
REQUEST FOR REGISTRATION
Request for registration of delegates should reach, Dr.N.K. Chakroborty, Organizing Secretary, 30th All India Criminology Conference & Professor, Department of Law, University of Calcutta, Kolkata – 700 in the enclosed form along with a Demand Draft negotiable at Kolkata in favour of “30th All India Criminology Conference, Kolkata”. The registration fee and the charges for the accommodation desired may be included in the Demand Draft and sent to the Conference Secretary on or before 10.01.2007. Applications for registration without registration fee will not be accepted.
The last date for the Registration is 10.01.2007. The registration fee for the delegates, which will include the cost of lunch for February 23, 24 & 25, 2007 dinner for February 23 & 24, 2007 will be as follows:
1. Delegates Rs.500/=
2. Student Delegates Rs. 300/=
3. Foreign Delegates US $ 100
4. Accompanying Persons Rs.350/=
5. Children above 10 years per head Rs.150.
(Accompanying persons will be provided with Lunch and dinners).
Registration fee once paid will not be refunded even if the enrollee does not turn up for the conference. However, conference material in such cases can be obtained from the conference secretariat within 15 days after the conference is over. Delegates desiring official deputation to the conference may kindly write to Dr.N.K. Chakraborty, Organizing Secretary, giving the details about the authorities to be addressed in this regard.
The Details of the Accommodation can be obtained from Dr.N.K. Chakraborty, Organizing Secretary directly. Also the details will be circulated shortly through the conference brochure.
30th ALL INDIA CRIMINOLOGY CONFERENCE
February 23rd – 25th , 2007
Age:________ years; Sex:___
Mode of Travel___________
Date & Time: _______am/pm
Accommodation required: Yes/No _______
Accompanied person, if any: Yes/No___________
Registration Fee Rs._________
Demand Draft enclosed for Rs____________
(Demand Draft to be drawn in favour of “30th All India Criminology Conference,Kolkatta.”)
Filled in form to be sent to:
30th All India Criminology Conference
Department of Law,
University of Calcutta,
Kolkata – 700 019
ISC – BEST RESEARCH PAPER AWARD
The Indian Society of Criminology has instituted GOLD MEDAL for the BEST RESEARCH PAPER to be presented in the OPEN SESSION of the 30th All India Criminology Conference of the INDIAN SOCIETY OF CRIMINOLOGY to be held during 23, 24 & 25 February, 2007.
Researchers working in the fields of Criminology, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Law, Police Sciences and other related areas are invited to send research papers for the award.
GUIDELINES FOR ISC BEST RESEARCH PAPER AWARD
1. The research paper should be the outcome of an original empirical research on a subject of current relevance in Criminology, Victimology, Police Sciences, Corrections, Criminal Justice Administration and allied areas.
2. The research work should have been completed during 2002 – 2006.
3. The Contestants can send only one paper for consideration.
4. The age of the researcher should not be more than 35 years as on 30th October 2006. For technical reasons, papers with joint authorship will not be permitted.
5. Papers should be typed in double space in A-4 size bond paper, leaving adequate margins on all the sides. Only one side of the paper should be used for typing.
6. Name of the Author should be given in separate sheet and it should not be typed anywhere else in the body of the paper.
7. The author of the paper should give a declaration regarding his/her age and
(i) that the research work has been conducted during 2002 – 2006.
(ii) That it has not been part of a thesis/dissertation for the award of any degree/diploma or any other award of prizes and
(iii) Two copies of the paper along with an abstract of about 100 words should be sent on or before November 30, 2006 to :
8. Papers sent after the last date will not be accepted.
9. Papers should be sent to the above mentioned address only.
Indian Society of Criminology,
Department of Criminology,
University of Madras, Chennai – 600 005.
Nominations Invited for ISC Awards – 2005
All the members of the ISC are requested to noiminate name(s) of individual(s) who fulfill the criteria for the following awards:
1. ‘ISC – The Kumarappa – Reckless Award’ – The person nominated should be a senior person who has made significant contribution to teaching, research or administration in the broad field of Criminology or Criminal Justice Administration.
2. ‘ISC – Prof. S.S. Srivastava Award’ for Excellence in Teaching and Research in Criminology.
3. ‘ISC – Dr. B.S. Haikerwal and Prof. Sushil Chandra Award’ for Senior Social Scientist – The person nominated should be senior social scientist with significant contribution to Criminology through his/her high quality of research work.
3. ISC Fellow – The person nominated should have helped to advance the objects of the Society through the channel of the Indian Society of Criminology by helping in the organization of conferences, seminars and other activities and by participating actively in its varied programmes and helping it to grow.
The nominations should reach the Chairman, Indian Society of Criminology, Department of Criminology, University of Madras, Chennai – 600 005, on or before November 30th , 2006 along with the bio-data of the person nominated and the Prof-forma published in the News Letter containing his/her significant contributions which make them eligible for the award.
Annual Membership Rs. 100/-
Membership – Life (India) Rs. 1000/-
Membership – Life (Abroad) US $ 250
Institutional Membership Rs. 7,000/-
Indian Journal of Criminology New
Annual Subscription (Life Members)* Rs. 100/-
Annual Subscription (Non Members) Rs. 150/-
Annual Subscription (Institution) Rs. 250/-
Annual Subscription (Foreign) $ 30
• For the convenience of the Members of the Society the date of sending the annual subscription for the Indian Journal of Criminology (Rs. 100/- by means of a cheque or draft drawn in favour of “Indian Journal of Criminology”) is extended to October 30, 2007.