WISPCON 2007 (WISPCON 2007)
Venue: Astor Crowne Plaza
|Event Date/Time: Feb 21, 2007||End Date/Time: Feb 23, 2007|
|Registration Date: Dec 31, 2006|
|Early Registration Date: Nov 15, 2006|
|Abstract Submission Date: Nov 15, 2006|
|Paper Submission Date: Jan 15, 2007|
* Facilitate coordination between communications infrastructure providers and state and local emergency preparedness officials.
* Enhance cooperation between service providers
* Facilitate communications education for First/Emergency Responders
* Foster the "Establishment of a Readiness Checklist" for all communications
* Assist in the development of non-communications entities (e.g. hospitals, nursing homes, day care facilities, schools and so forth) with communications plans for emergencies
* Foster the development of a National Credentialing Program
* Support communications infrastructure providers in forming an industry-only group for disaster planning, and coordinating recovery efforts.
* Facilitate coordination and communications between interested entities to foster mutual solutions.
* Assist municipalities with the planning of a Muni Wi-Fi solution, (e.g. RFP drafting, do-it-yourself deployments, contracting it out, etc.
* Provide a venue supportive to the needs of all wired and wireless carriers.
* Facilitate exchanges between various providers of differing technologies
License Exempt WISP -
* Provide advanced learning in the deployment of license-exempt wireless broadband equipment and services.
* Facilitate communication with incumbent carriers, federal, state and local disaster personnel, municipalities, and non-communications entities