Life Sciences M&A and Strategic Alliances
|Event Date/Time: Nov 16, 2006|
As a result, the life sciences sector’s appetite for external deals has experienced tremendous growth over the last few years as companies take advantage of M&A and strategic alliances as a pathway for financial success.
In the last few months takeovers such as Barr/Pliva, Merck/Serono, Nycomed/Altana, UCB/Schwarz Pharma have shaken up the industry and this consolidation is building momentum at breakneck speed.
It is therefore vital to have an in-depth and up to the minute understanding of the latest developments, changes in the global marketplace and the hottest techniques and strategies in order to select the right collaborative strategy or funding option, effectively structure the documents, establish a robust due diligence process and ultimately achieve the best deal.
Our distinguished faculty will provide you with practical information and insights from their own experiences on:
• How to select the right partner and deal structure to build a win/win collaboration
• The strategies and pitfalls in negotiating the key documents
• How to value the deal and negotiate and secure the best price
• Avoiding competition law pitfalls
• What mix of funding options should you be considering?
• Key strategies for effectively structuring the deal
• Due diligence - Tips for finding the warts
• The private and public M&A process - what works, how and why
• Financing strategy: IPO vs mezzanine vs another private round?
• What is the right time for biotech to partner and what are the main assets that pharma is looking for?