|Event Date/Time: Apr 18, 2007||End Date/Time: Apr 19, 2007|
Are you up to speed on the latest strategies for drafting antibody patents? Have you changed your drafting methods in light of recent case law? Do you know how to obtain broad protection within your patent application? Can you recognize the distinction between innovation and infringement? Are you up-to-date with the latest EPO decisions?
C5’s 12th bi-annual programme on Biotech Patenting will provide you with focused and in-depth information on the very latest trends and developments, providing indispensable knowledge that will better prepare you for today’s conflicts — and to anticipate those of the future.
Hear from the representatives from the EPO, top industry experts and their advisers. They will provide you with practical tips and comprehensive information from their own experiences on:
• How to successfully prosecute complex biotech claims
• Stay ahead of the game - the latest on claim construction in EU and the US
• Current EPO practice for patenting antibodies and stem cells
• The current status of Merck v Integra – where are we now?
• Strategies for attacking, defending and obtaining research tool and reach-through claims
• How to deal with the impact of generic biologics when drafting your patent application
• Successfully maximising benefit from the Bolar provision
• SPCs and US PTEs – critical considerations you need to be aware of
• How to maximising your global patent enforcement strategy and achieve total product protection
• The latest trends in biotech-academia technology transfers
• Patent reform and USPTO practice – strategies for living under the changes
• How to boost the bottom line though more efficient patent searches