Global Customs Compliance
Venue: Hotel Silken Berlaymont
|Event Date/Time: Mar 29, 2007||End Date/Time: Mar 30, 2007|
The Authorised Economic Operation (AEO) Certification and the Harmonised System for 2007 are at the forefront of the most hotly debated issues. The increase of organized cross-border crime and the threat of terrorism are of particular concern and MNCs all over Europe need to be ready for the AEO implementation in January 2008. It is the right time for you to plan, budget your IT enhancement and create a global corporate compliance & ethics culture beforehand.
No need to reiterate just how impossible it can be to accurately classify goods under the HS without strong knowledge of the HS structure and rules. As, you are responsible for providing accurate HS codes to your freight forwarders, Customs Brokers, Customs Authorities and customers, you should therefore be prepared for the new HS 2007 to develop a global classification strategy aimed at uniformity. So don’t miss the opportunity to hear from the industry experts & network with your colleagues.
* How Customs Code Modernisation and the AEO will Impact Your Global Trade
* How the general interpretative rules of the Harmonized System apply to your business?
* How to assign accurate tariff classification and justify your classification opinions
* Implementing and Monitoring a State of the Art Global Customs Compliance Program
* Ensuring Compliance with the FAST Program to Secure your Competitive Advantage
* Successfully Expediting Customs Clearance in China
* Challenging a Valuation Ruling in China and Resolving Disputes
* Strategies to Successfully Comply with Brazilian Import and Export Regulations
* Getting Goods In And Out Of India: Import/Export Strategies for European Companies
* Ensuring that your global supply chain is secured
* Overcoming challenges related to the performance of your supply chain
* Mexico: Establishing Internal Controls for Maquiladoras and Latest Customs Developments