Student Pugwash USAs 14th National Conference on Science and Social Responsibility: Promoting the In
Venue: National Academy of Sciences
|Event Date/Time: Apr 12, 2007||End Date/Time: Apr 15, 2007|
Student Pugwash USA is celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Nobel Peace Prize-winning Pugwash Conferences on Science and World
Join students and experts from across the country for the 14th Student Pugwash USA Conference “Promoting the Integrity of Science” in the heart of the Nation’s Capital!
Researchers worldwide are grappling with issues of integrity surrounding politics in science, conflicts of interest, falsified research, the peer review process, and protections for whistle blowers. Engage with other inquisitive and motivated students in in-depth discussion and debate on the cutting-edge issues as well as the development of a nationwide student initiative to promote the integrity of science.
There will also be Scientific Poster and Creative Arts Contests open to students attending the conference.
Student Pugwash USA is pleased to invite participants of the 2007 National Conference to submit a scientific poster presentation or a piece of artwork relating to the scientific integrity theme! All participants in the contest will receive a $20 refund on their registration fee and the opportunity to win monetary prizes, not to mention the opportunity to share your research with students from around the country!
"Scientific Research Poster Contest"
Student Pugwash USA is pleased to invite participants of the 2007 National Conference to submit academic research in their area of study.
• Any undergraduate or graduate student attending the National Conference is eligible to submit an abstract and present a research poster at the conference. (High school students interested in submitting research are invited to do so in the undergraduate category.)
• The student presenting the research should be one of the primary authors of the research.
• All disciplines relating to science including the social sciences, technology, and engineering are welcome
"Creative Arts Contest"
Participants of the 2007 National Conference are invited to submit to the art contest:
• A piece of visual art (such as a painting, cartoon, or drawing)
• A flash video or video of 5 minutes or less
• An essay of 1,000 words or less.
• A poem
Theme: Promoting Integrity in Science: Engaging Student Scientists
Visit the Student Pugwash website at http://spusa.org/events for more details about the conference and the poster and art contests.