Sports Law & Business
|Event Date/Time: Feb 22, 2007||End Date/Time: Feb 23, 2007|
To operate successfully in today’s sporting arena you must understand completely the issues surrounding the governance, regulation and commercial exploitation of sport. In just two days, C5’s 9th International Sports Law & Business Forum will provide you with the necessary tools and know-how you will need to succeed.
As always, our diverse and distinguished faculty will guide you through the maze of commercial and regulatory issues that arise in the world of sport. In particular, you will also get key insights and expert guidance on:
• The changing role of the agent in modern sport
• Sponsorship, players’ image rights and celebrity endorsement contracts: the latest cases, intricacies and commercial trends considered
• What to do when the sports star endorsing your brand gets caught “with their pants down”: how to minimise the negative impact on your employer
• How the practice of ambush marketing will be affected by the London Olympics Act 2005
• The law and business of boxing: an insiders guide
• How recent changes in digital media and technology have impacted the sale of sports media rights
• Broadcasting rights: the latest lessons from the big deals
• The best practices to adopt in disciplinary proceedings and dispute management
• Drugs and the credibility of sport: what can sport do to salvage its reputation?
• The latest hot topics in the governance of sport
• Sports betting and online gaming: what does the future hold?