Commercial Loans & Security
|Event Date/Time: Mar 22, 2007||End Date/Time: Mar 23, 2007|
“…insights from practice and views on future developments from people at the top of their game…” Mark Davies, Associate, Cobbets
Today’s commercial loan transactions are complex, innovative and sophisticated. Whether you are an adviser to the lender or borrower you need to be fully prepared for your next deal. It is imperative that you have a thorough understanding of the critical legal developments impacting your loan and security agreement in a myriad of jurisdictions and that you master the latest cutting edge drafting and negotiation techniques to stay ahead of the game.
From the latest on second lien and the “leverage creep” to how to negotiate intercreditor agreements or take and enforce security, leading experts give you up-to-the-minute best practices to better represent your clients.
C5 has put together this comprehensive two day programme to ensure that you have the latest information to put the law into practice and has updated it to include coverage of the issues in Europe impacting on you. Our highly distinguished panel of European experts will provide you with everything you need to know to deal with the common and not so common challenges that you will face negotiating, drafting, trading and enforcing your loan and security agreement. Expand your knowledge on:
• Why and how new Insolvency law developments affect your commercial lending and borrowing
• Formulating your recovery strategy when an insolvency situation arises and negotiating your way out of enforcement Why second lien financing is so popular in the US and how its use is progressing in European transactions
• Ensuring the deliverability of your loan agreement
• Examining the potential practical and legal pitfalls of lending to Eastern Europe
• Determining the differences in laws relating to security in France, Germany, Sweden and Spain and the implications for your deal
• You cannot afford to miss this opportunity and to arm yourself with the most up to date loan market practices, strategies, documentation and major legal developments that will impact the negotiation, drafting and execution of your cross-border transaction.