Influenza - Confronting the Threat
Venue: Institute of Physics
|Event Date/Time: May 22, 2007||End Date/Time: May 22, 2007|
The conference, to be held in London on 22nd May 2007, will bring together speakers and delegates from a variety of backgrounds to discuss key topical issues in influenza. We are pleased to be offering delegates a wide range of talks by many leading experts in the field. This will offer you a unique chance to update and extend your current knowledge.
This one day event will be chaired by Prof John Oxford and will feature a highly anticipated keynote address from Dr Douglas Fleming as well as a host of talks from leading specialists in the field.
Sessions will include the following:-
• Lessons to be learnt from previous pandemics
• The epidemiology of influenza virus
• Understanding the symptoms of influenza & the common cold
• Inequalities in influenza vaccination uptake in older people
• Vaccines for avian influenza H5N1
• Antiviral agents for treating influenza
We would be delighted if you could join us for what will be an educational, and lively event. If you wish to stay abreast of the latest developments in Influenza this is an event you cannot afford to miss.