Energy Delta Convention 2007
Venue: Martiniplaza Groningen
|Event Date/Time: Nov 19, 2007||End Date/Time: Nov 21, 2007|
|Registration Date: Nov 12, 2007|
The Energy Delta Convention 2007 hosts an international platform for ca. 500 representatives from science, business and governments. The convention will enable a dialogue between participants to stimulate an understanding of energy scenarios and strategies for change.
The Energy Delta Convention is a high level energy conference. For the 2007 edition keynote speakers are
- Mr. John Elkington, SustainAbility. London, United Kingdom
- Mr. Gerald Doucet, Secretary General of the World Energy Council, London, United Kingdom
- Mr. Gertjan Lankhorst, Chief Executive Officer of GasTerra, Groningen, the Netherlands
- Mr. Gérard Magnin, Executive Director Energie-Cités, Besançon, France
All speakers of the parallel sessions, ca. 50 invited by the organizational committee, are senior experts.
The EDC2007 focusses on:
- Decentralised energy production and supply (infrastructure, legal & economic effects, renewable energy, policy interactions and regulations)
- Gas becoming a transition fuel during the next decades (technology, gas markets, east – west)
- The role of science and technology Energy transition within cities, regions and countries
- Energy Transition of cities, regions and countries
Carbon Capture and Storage
- Overall theme is energy transition. We think this can only be achieved by cooperation between companies, authorities and knowledge institutions, which is reflected in the 'triangular' background of the keynote speakers and parallel session speakers.
There are ca. 25 parallel sessions that deal with subjects in the field of the above listed themes. As mentioned before, the overall objective is to present themes and energy transition from the perspective of business, government and science. A session takes 90 minutes, 20 minutes for three speaker (business, science & authorities), 30 minutes left for discussion.
The Energy Delta Convention 2007 (EDC2007) will take place in November 19-21, Groningen, the Netherlands.
More information can be found on www.energyconvention.nl