XIV Susanne Hübner international seminar, Linguistics and persuasive communication (SH2007)
|Event Date/Time: Mar 27, 2007|
|Abstract Submission Date: Apr 29, 2007|
|Paper Submission Date: Sep 03, 2007|
With Plenary lectures and papers as its main Scientific Events, this international seminar, aims to focus on the ways in which Linguistics and persuasive communication matter in the realms of language, higher education, literature and the arts, culture, history and sociology, etc., transnationally and globally.
The following list of topics (proposals for 20 minute papers) is meant to be suggestive rather than restrictive; we welcome inter/transdisciplinary proposals:
- Linguistics and linguistic diversity.
- Cognitive linguistics and higher education (language as an instrument for organizing, processing and conveying information in the context of the European Space for HE).
- Linguistics and ESP (English for specific purposes)
- Linguistics and literature,
- Linguistics, media and arts
- Applied Linguistics
- Rethinking persuasive communication (does rhetoric face new challenges in the 21st century?).
- Cultural production and persuasive communication (literature, film, visual art, performance, music, blog-culture, web-art, etc.).
- Persuasive communication, language learning and language acquisition.
We welcome proposals for 20 minute papers -with a 150-word abstract (including 3-5 keywords).
DEADLINE FOR PROPOSALS: 29 April 2007.
Deadline for submission of paper abstracts is 27 April 2007
Notification of acceptance will be sent by June 30, 2007
Deadline for payment of registration fee is July 5, 2007
Deadline for receipt of full papers is September 3, 2007
Seminar starts/finishes: 14-17 November 2007.
Dr Marta Conejero López (coordinator),
Department of English and German Philology,
University of Zaragoza
C/. Pedro Cerbuna, 12. 50009 Zaragoza (Spain).