First International Conference on MOBILe Wireless MiddleWARE, Operating Systems, and Applications (Mobilware'08)
|Event Date/Time: Feb 12, 2008||End Date/Time: Feb 15, 2008|
|Paper Submission Date: Aug 15, 2007|
This new international conference, MOBILWARE, is dedicated to addressing emerging topics and challenges in various mobile wireless software-related areas. The scope of the conference is the design, implementation, deployment, and evaluation of middleware, operating systems (OS), and applications for computing and communications in mobile wireless systems. It aims to provide a high profile, leading edge forum for researchers, engineers, and standards developers to present their latest research, techniques, and experiences in the filed of software technology for mobile wireless systems.
Original and unpublished research achievements in various aspects of middleware/operating systems/applications are solicited. Topics include, but are not limited to:
• OS/middleware for embedded systems, wearable networks, and personal area networks
• OS/middleware support for the integration of heterogeneous wireless networks
• Middleware for mobile computing
• Middleware for QoS awareness, adaptation, and fault-tolerance of mobile services
• Middleware for opportunistic networking in delay-tolerant mobile services
• Location-aware and context-aware mobile supports and services
• Mobility management and handoff management in heterogeneous integrated networks
• Location and tracking supports and services
• Mobility-aware wireless service discovery, management, and delivery
• Intelligent and mobile agent technologies for mobile systems and services
• Human-computer interface and portable 3D graphics for mobile devices
• Middleware/applications for wireless sensor networks, vehicular networks, home networks, and P2P systems
• Modeling and performance of mobile wireless services (VoIP, gaming, P2P sharing, urban monitoring, …)
• Software supports for mobile military applications (navigation modeling, 3D map representation, ...)
• Deployment and management supports for large-scale mobile services
• Policy, trust, security, and privacy issues for mobile wireless networks
POSTERS/DEMOS: The conference will include a poster/demo session to highlight recent and on-going research, experiments, and provocative ideas not yet published elsewhere. Poster/demo submissions will be reviewed and summaries of accepted posters will appear in the conference proceedings.
WORKSHOPS: Proposals for workshops are solicited. Potential workshop organizers are requested to submit a proposal of at most 5 pages, including a biographical sketch of each proponent, to the Workshop Chair by September 1, 2007. Proposal evaluation will be based on the expertise and experience of the proponents and on the relevance of the subject matter.
PUBLICATION: All submitted papers and posters will be rigorously reviewed by technical program committee members and invited reviewers. All accepted papers and poster abstracts will be made available in the ACM Digital Library (pending) and then be included in major article indexing services. Extended versions of selected papers from MOBILWARE will be published in a dedicated special issue of the Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) Journal.