International Conference on Molecular/Nano-Photochemistry, Photocatalysis and Solar Energy Conversio (NanoPhochem08)
Venue: Le Meridien Hotel Cairo
|Event Date/Time: Feb 24, 2008||End Date/Time: Feb 28, 2008|
|Registration Date: Dec 17, 2007|
|Early Registration Date: Oct 26, 2007|
|Abstract Submission Date: Oct 19, 2007|
|Paper Submission Date: Feb 28, 2008|
We invite you and the members of your research group to join us in Egypt as we meet to discuss in an interdisciplinary sense the newest trends, break-through, discoveries and applications in photochemistry, photocatalysis, solar energy conversion, environmental aspects and related nanoscience and nanotechnology. The conference will open up channels to gain partners and innovative ideas for new collaborative scientific projects.
Attractive social/cultural and accompanying persons program will be organized.
The scientific program includes Plenary-, Keynote-, Short-Lectures and Poster presentations.
In case you intend to take part actively, please send us a note indicating your personal information; contacts as well as your preferred type of presentation and its tentative title.
- The state of the art solar energy conversion technologies (photovoltaic, nanomaterials for efficient thermal systems of clean electric power generation) and the great complexity of the global energy scenario.
- Fundamental And Applied Aspects of Photochemistry; optical and fluorescent sensors; Nano LED’s and OLED’s; Photobiology; Artificial Light Harvesting Systems, Supramolecular Nanomaterials and Lithography, Polymers and Materials, etc.
- Photostability of Drugs, Sunscreens And Cosmetics.
- Nanotechnology of Energy Conversion Devices.
- Semiconductor Nanoparticles For Solar Light Energy Conversion: Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells.
- Clean Fuels; Generation and Storage.
- Photocatalysis and Applications in: [Drinking Water, Industrial Wastewater And Reuse, Agricultural Hazardous, Self-Cleaning Building Construction Nanomaterials: Photocatalytic Glass; Windows; Paints; Ceramics, Etc.]
- Second-Generation Photocatalytic Nanomaterials; Carbon Nanomaterials.
- Environmental and Medical Impact of Photochemical Singlet Oxygen Generation
- Advanced Oxidation Technologies For Treatment of Water, Air And Soil.
Abstract Deadline: October 19, 2007
A detailed programme will be announced in due time.
Dr. Sabry Abdel-Mottaleb (Chairman), Professor of Chemistry, Nano/Photochemistry and Solar Chemistry Labs, Department of Chemistry and Photoenergy Center; Faculty of Science, Ain Shams University (ASU), 11566 Abbassia, Cairo, Egypt
Prof. Dr. E. El-Shobaky (ASU, Egypt)
Dr. M. M. S. Abdel-Mottaleb (SabryKG, Germany).
Egyptian International Conferencing;
Fax: +202 634 7683 or +202 638 9725 ; Tel: +2010 168 6244
Post conference Tour to Luxor will be organized [3 days/2] nights].
International Conference on Molecular/Nano-Photochemistry, Photocatalysis and Solar Energy Conversion Solar'08
Cairo, February 24 –29, 2008
International Scientific and Advisory Committee
Alaa Abd-El-Aziz [Canada]
Igor Alabugin [U.S.A.]
Detlef Bahnemann [Germany]
Ignazio Renato Bellobono [Italy]
Manuel Filipe P.C.E. Costa [Portugal]
Jean-Marie Herrmann [France]
Jow-Lay Huang [Taiwan, RC]
Ladislav Kavan [Czech Republic]
Sylvia Lacombe [France]
Boris Lukyanov [Russia]
James McLeskey [U.S.A.]
Mehrab Mehrvar [Canada]
Werner Nau [Germany]
Leonardo Palmisano [Italy]
Sergei Preis [Finland]
Marek Pietraszkiewicz [Poland]
José Miguel Doña Rodríguez [Spain]
Nino Russo [Italy]
Judita Šukytė [Lithuania]
Masanori Tachiya [Japan]cv
Riccardo Tubino [Italy]
Boris Uzhinov [Russia]
Antony Velcek [U.K.]
Jan Verhoeven [The Netherlands]
Minjoong Yoon [Korea]