2007 Entertainment & Sports Conference
Venue: New York Helmsley Hotel
|Event Date/Time: May 03, 2007|
Highlights - top-notch speakers:
• John Hadity, president and CEO of Hadity & Associates and former executive vice president of motion picture & television production finance for Miramax Films, will give the keynote address on the current state of affairs regarding the new independent film business.
• Leon Wildes, J.D. and a founding partner at Wildes & Weinberg law firm, will address immigration issues in entertainment. Wildes is best known for his successful representation of former Beatle John Lennon and his wife Yoko Ono in deportation proceedings spanning a five-year-period.
• John Sloss, a founding partner at John Sloss Law Office, LLP, and Patricia S. Kaufman of Empire State Development, will speak about the various aspects of accounting for independent films.
• Charles Harris, of the Sports & Entertainment Financial Group, will discuss contractual issues that often arise for sports agents with highly mobile/highly-compensated sports figures.
Session topics will include:
• An Accountants’ Guide to the New World of Independent Film
• Valuation of Fine Art and Intellectual Property
• GAAP Update Regarding Important Issues in the Media and Entertainment Industries
• Hot Topics in Dealing with Sports and Entertainment Clients
• Independent Self-Distribution in the Digital Age
A networking cocktail reception, sponsored by North Fork Bank, will immediately follow the conference.