Capturing Market Share Amid a Shifting Environment: Evidence-Driven Portfolio Optimization Strategi
Venue: your office
|Event Date/Time: May 24, 2007||End Date/Time: May 24, 2007|
Evidence-Driven Portfolio Optimization Strategies
An Audio Conference event with Kismet Toksu, Senior Consultant, Reden & Anders
Thursday, May 24th, 2007 at 1PM Eastern
Transformation of healthcare insurance and delivery opens huge opportunities to gain (and lose) market share and positioning. This Audio conference will help participants understand major market changes and how these changes impact all product offerings, including significant discussion of consumer driven health plans. Kismet Toksu will present ideas on how you can align your company's product portfolio with a "right product for right market" approach and share an evidence-driven approach to optimizing your plan's entire product portfolio.
Individual Registration Fee: $195: Web Summit CD-ROM: $40 for attendees; $255 for non-attendees after the event.
Corporate Site licensing also available. Click here to register or call 209.577.4888.
Health plans have been developing a variety of new products without an overall portfolio strategy that (1) maximizes market trends, (2) drives toward a strategic vision and (3) positions the "Right Products for the Right Markets."
Trends that health plans face in this environment include:
• The non-group product market is increasing
• The number of products being sold is increasing
• Competition is increasing and opportunities for differentiation decreasing
• Effective Product Portfolio Management and Strategy is becoming a key management issue
The portfolio of products and their delivery to the marketplace impacts the entire operation of a health plan. If the products are disorganized, they will have a negative impact on the future market positioning, operations, enrollment and financial standing of the health plan.
1. The Big "Ah-Ha's" - discussion and validation of five underlying premises
2. Key Factors Impacting the Market - examination of seven key market factors, along with specific constraints tied to market realities
3. Where the US Healthcare System is Heading - commentary on the impact of five significant points, including consumerism
4. Aligning Your Product Portfolio with the Changing Environment - understanding the importance of a portfolio strategy
5. Product Portfolio Optimization Process and Solution Approach - discussion of the specific steps involved in deriving evidence-based portfolio optimization strategies
6. Potential Next Steps - review of six product portfolio solution steps and eight key points in for taking action in a changing environment
In this presentation, you will learn:
• The five underlying premises that frame the discussion of the need for a product portfolio optimization process and strategies
• The seven key factors that impact the marketplace in which health plan products are developed and sold
• Five significant points relating to product development, regarding where the US Healthcare System is heading
• Why a product portfolio strategy is of critical importance to health plan operations
• The details involved with a Product Portfolio Optimization Process and Solution Approach
• What is meant by evidence-based portfolio optimization strategies, and how to develop them
• The next steps for an organization to take towards their product portfolio solutions, including six product portfolio solution steps and eight key points in for taking action in a changing environment
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• Health Plan CEOs, COOs, CMOs, CFOs, and Chief Strategy Officers
• Health Plan VPs and Directors of Marketing, Product Development, Sales and Business Development
• Health Plan VPs and Directors of Finance, Operations and Product Management
• Insurance Brokers and Agents
• Benefit Consultants
• Industry Analysts
• Industry Media Representatives
Kismet Toksu, Senior Consultant, Reden & Anders, New York
Kismet Toksu joined Reden & Anders as Sr. Consultant and CDHP strategy lead in July 2004. Since the introduction of consumer directed health care in 2000, Kismet has been a pioneer in successfully creating, implementing, selling and communicating consumer choice products and programs with carriers, health plans, employers, TPAs, PBMs, financial institutions and technology companies to support effective and appropriate healthcare consumerism. Kismet is considered a CDHP, consumerism and HSA subject matter expert with experience across all market segments.
Prior to joining R&A, Kismet was President of Candor Consulting, Inc., a successful CDHP practice serving payers and emerging consumer healthcare-focused vendors and served as Vice President for Lumenos, a first mover in consumer directed health care.
While at Lumenos, Kismet led the company's business development and strategic alliance activities, directly tested consumer choice products with mid-market employers, communicated with and engaged employees and drove the launch of the private-label product. She was an active member of the management team credited with developing and launching the Lumenos plan.
From 1988-2000, Kismet Toksu was a key business builder at Phillips International where she led the launch of Phillips Health Interactive and its profitable e-business unit as Executive Director, served as Senior Vice President of Strategic Marketing for Phillips Business Information (PBI), led the growth of the Phillips Media Group as Vice President/Group Publisher and served in a variety of marketing, sales and content leadership roles. She participated as an active member of the PBI Executive Committee and Phillips International Management Team.
LIVE QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION
Get your questions answered! Session participants will have an opportunity to email questions in advance of the session or ask the speaker their questions during the "live" session.
• Individual Registration: $195. Covers a single phone line. Multiple persons may listen via speaker phone for the individual fee.
• Web Summit CD-ROM: $40 for attendees; $245 for non-attendees after the event
• Each individual receives a unique dial-in ID
• Corporate Group Pricing is available when registrations are desired for more than one phone line. Call 209.577.4888 for details
AUDIO CONFERENCE DIAL-IN INSTRUCTIONS AND SESSION MATERIALS
Two business days prior to the event, registrants will receive a copy of the dial-in instructions and a link to the speaker presentation. The dial-in instructions will include a unique dial-in ID Participant code that can only be used for a single phone line and not shared. Session participants will also have an opportunity to email speaker questions in advance of the live session.
1. Online: https://www.managedcarestore.com/summit.htm
2. Call: Healthcare Web Summit office at: 209.577.4888
3. Fax: Print off registration form at: https://www.managedcarestore.com/hwsorder.pdf and fax to: 209.577.3557
4. Mail: Print off registration form at: https://www.managedcarestore.com/hwsorder.pdf and mail to:
Healthcare Web Summit Office
1101 Standiford Avenue, Suite C-3
Modesto, CA 95350
HealthCare Web Summit Events: Audio Conferences & Web Seminars
Healthcare Web Summit Events feature audio conferences and web seminars that let you get the information you need and do-it-all without having to leave your home or office, or having to adjust your schedule. Experience e-learning, gain market intelligence, identify solutions, interact with faculty, network and share experiences with attendees, gather data resources and more. http://www.healthwebsummit.com