Robotics, Microelectronics and Neuromorphic Workshop (RMN2007)
Venue: Lagos, Nigeria
|Event Date/Time: Aug 20, 2007||End Date/Time: Aug 31, 2007|
|Registration Date: Jul 10, 2007|
|Early Registration Date: Jul 01, 2007|
|Abstract Submission Date: Jul 10, 2007|
|Paper Submission Date: Jul 10, 2007|
In the last few years, Nigeria has become a major player in the IT industry. From banking to energy, IT has become a key driver of operations. For many, IT is synonymous with technology. Though there are other technologies: medical, semiconductor, etc; our nation has focused mainly on IT. For balanced technology creation and diffusion envisioned by high tech indigenous engineering transformations, our Tech policy must change. IT evolves when chips advance; the latter drives the former. Technologies like Quantum Dot, Nano, BIOMEMS, NOC and Neuro would change modern industry and Nigeria has got to play roles in shaping them.
For two weeks, NeoCircuit would lead an intensive & practical workshop on robotics & microelectronics. Using state of the art Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools, the workshop will focus on the following:
- Design & layout: RISC processor, imager, neuron, synapse.
- The basics of neuromorphic & mixed signal VLSI
- Nanotechnology and MEMS design
- Microcontroller & robot programming
- Hardware description Lang (VHDL); FPGA; Printed Circuit Board design
- Participants will learn complete chip design practically
- 4I (Imagine, Invent, Innovate & Inspire) engineering leadership
- Prospering with engineering HND/BSc: you have the ideas, use them and succeed.
- For attending, you’ll receive a licensed student CAD courtesy of our partners