Postgraduate Summer School on Computer Science and Information Systems 2007
|Event Date/Time: Jul 03, 2007||End Date/Time: Jul 07, 2007|
|Registration Date: Jul 29, 2007|
|Early Registration Date: Jul 29, 2007|
|Paper Submission Date: Jun 15, 2007|
The summer school is open to all participants enrolled in a PhD or doctoral course or in a master degree course, or recently having completed their postgraduate degrees in a higher education institution. There will be two classes, one with doctoral degree students and another with master students.
* Candidates for the summer school are expected to
- hold a master or baccalaureate degree in the areas of computer science or information systems for or an appropriate degree for the Summer Schools areas,
- have a previous knowledge in at least one area of the keynote lectures or the areas covered by the MCCSIS conference,
- demonstrate their ability to work in the field as researcher / student
The application process is governed by the rules determined and approved by the organizing committee of the summer school. The evaluation of the applications will be guaranteed by the organizing committee. The organizing committee will select the most promising candidates among the applicants.
* Format of the Summer School
The Summer School will be held in conjunction with the Multi-conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (MCCSIS 2007). The registration fee from the Summer School will give access to:
- Session on research methods;
- Session on the candidateâ€™s doctoral or master projects analysis and discussion;
- Keynotes from the conference keynote speakers in the selected areas (more than 14 confirmed until now);
- Technical sessions from the MCCSIS conference;
- Tutorials from the conference (to be announced).
* How to apply?
Applications following the rules specified on the application form should be sent through http://www.mccsis.org/school .
* Important dates
Submission of Application extended â€“ until 15 June 2007
Notification of acceptance â€“ until 22 June 2007
Registration â€“ until 29 June 2007 (accepted candidates are kindly asked to register as early as possible but no later than the given date)
Postgraduate Summer School â€“ 3 to 7 July 2007
IADIS Secretariat - Postgraduate Summer School on Computer Science and Information Systems 2007
Rua Sao Sebastiao da Pedreira, 100, 3
1050-209 Lisbon, Portugal
Web site: http://www.mccsis.org/school
* Scientific Advisors
Miguel Baptista Nunes, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
Piet Kommers, University of Twente, The Netherlands
Nian-Shing Chen, National Sun Yat-sen University, Taiwan
Antonio Palma dos Reis, ISEG - Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal