Capital Creation 2007
Venue: Le Meridien Beach Plaza
|Event Date/Time: Sep 25, 2007||End Date/Time: Sep 27, 2007|
Now in its 7th year Capital Creation has become firmly established as the most enjoyable and beneficial European Private Equity conference for institutional investors and fund managers alike. This unmissable event is now a permanent diary fixture of everyone with a serious interest in the European Private Equity Industry.
Capital Creation 2007 provides you with a unique networking opportunity to forge new professional relationships and strengthen existing ones within an elite setting. By participating you will play an integral role in shaping the direction of the industry over the coming year whilst also benefiting from learning how to achieve exception returns on your investments.
As you can see, the agenda reflects what you told us are the biggest issues you face at the moment – those things that keep you awake at night.
Capital Creation 2007 will be an even more value packed and enjoyable event than last year. The Apex Fundraising Forum returns by popular demand on 25th September to help you optimize your fundraising strategy and raise your profile within the private equity community.
Exciting New Features For 2007:
- Outstanding European Speaker Faculty
- Exceptional Social Networking opportunities
- Institutional Investor Masterclasses – LPs Only
- Tastes of Monaco - Rotational Group Tastings
- Sunset Cocktail Reception - 26th September 2007
- Golden Yacht Cocktail Reception In Monaco’s Beautiful Marina
- Interactive Discussion Session
- Blackberry Compatible Q&A
- Concentrated programme and high value agenda
Reasons Capital Creation is the most enjoyable and beneficial European Private Equity Networking event:
- Social Networking: Every opportunity will be taken to maximise networking. The fantastic social events being organised will ensure you get to personally meet everyone you want to connect with.
- Tastes of Monaco - Rotational Group Tastings: Sample the local delicacies and savour the tastes of Monaco whilst indulging in the opportunity to discuss the hot topics presented during the Apex Fundraising Forum within your assigned group.
- Sunset Cocktail Reception - 26th September 2007: Sip cocktails on the terrace and unwind after a packed day of learning, discussion and debate, whilst watching the sun set over the beautiful bay.
- Fraser Yachts Quayside Cocktails: The fabulous port of Monaco, known as the most exclusive harbour in the world, is the starting point for the Fraser Yachts Quayside Cocktails being held in association with Capital Creation, which all delegates are invited to attend. This glittering soiree will make Capital Creation 2007 an unforgettable event and will enable you to keep networking long after the stars have come out.
- Interactive Discussion Session: To keep your finger on the pulse of the industry, you need to know what your colleagues and competition are really thinking. Interactive polling allows you to take the temperature of the industry on the key issues of the moment.
- Blackberry Compatible Q&A: Have a burning question you want to ask a speaker? Text or Email your question to the Chairman during the presentation and they will put it to the speaker during the closing question and answer session.
- Highlights from the exceptional speaker faculty:
Wol Kolade, Managing Director, ISIS Equity Partners arguing the case for why private equity is good for the economy
Rod Selkirk, Chief Executive, Hermes Private Equity revisiting the GP/LP relationship and tackling the issues of terms and governance
Vince O’Brien, Partner, Montagu Private Equity, assessing the challenges posed to mid-market players by the changing face and structure of the debt market
Michael Fallon MP, Deputy Chairman, Treasury Select Committee, giving the latest update on the UK government’s inquiry into private equity funds
Jon Moulton, Managing Partner, Alchemy, sparking debate and leading an interactive session on the future of the European Private Equity industry
Carol Kennedy, Senior partner, Pantheon Ventures leading a panel discussion on the wider social and economic benefits of private equity
Peter McKellar, CIO, Standard Life Investments (Private Equity) discussing how to raise a fund rapidly using a pre-marketing strategy
Ustin Bower, Director, Blackstone Group will share his experiences of proactively managing critical relationships to enhance fundraising
What you will learn at Capital Creation 2007:
How to manage the changing face and structure of the debt market
How the implications of the politicisation of the industry in terms of tax regulation, transparency and disclosure guidelines will affect the future direction of the industry
How you can continue to achieve exceptional returns despite increasing competition driving overvaluation of companies
How to choose and access top performing fund managers
The importance of defining expectations of future returns
How to construct, manage and monitor a portfolio that includes Private Equity or Venture Capital fund