Intellectual Asset Management in the Financial Services Industry (Financial IP)
Venue: Novotel London West
|Event Date/Time: Sep 17, 2007||End Date/Time: Sep 18, 2007|
Intellectual Asset Management in the Financial Services Industry
September 17 – 18, 2007 * Novotel London West, London, UK
Traditionally seen as barren hunting grounds for Intellectual Property, financial services institutions are increasingly recognising the fact that they are innovative, high-technology organisations with considerable IP to leverage and protect. The rapid increase in patents granted on software and business methods in the US is leading to a big debate in Europe and raising important questions about attempts to reform the process of business-method patenting in Europe.
This event will provide advice that European parishioners can use in their day-to-day operations and IP planning and demonstrate how to manage the intellectual assets most commonly found in practice.
Strategic Issues to be Covered Include:
• How to conduct an IP audit to examine and catalogue current business methods, IP and ensure appropriate legal protection across borders
• The prudent steps you need to take to obtain and manage US patents before launching new products
• Conducting IP due diligence when advising on M&A transactions
• Managing the challenge of branding in the banking industry
• Practical tactics to ensure brand equity excellence
• Protecting your IP rights in Europe: recent cases in the software area to be aware of – and how to build an IP portfolio
• Measuring ROI and attributing bottom-line value to your trademarks and the trademark lifecycle.
For more information about this conference or to register, go to http://www.iqpc.com/uk/financialip/ediary, email Javi.Rua@iqpc.co.uk or call Javi directly on +44 (0) 207 368 9833.