INTETAIN 2008 - 2nd International Conference on INtelligent TEchnologies for interactive enterTAINme (INTETAIN 2008)
Venue: Playa del Carmen
|Event Date/Time: Jan 08, 2008||End Date/Time: Jan 10, 2008|
|Paper Submission Date: Aug 24, 2008|
INTETAIN 2008 aims to stimulate interaction among academic researchers and commercial developers of interactive entertainment systems. In addition to paper presentations, posters, and demos, the conference will foster discussions through workshops and special events.
INTETAIN 2008 focuses on the development of novel user-centered intelligent computational technologies and interactive applications for entertainment, being made possible through the use of a wide range of interactive device technologies (e.g., mobile and wearable devices, home entertainment centers, haptic devices, wall screen displays, information kiosks, holographic displays, fog screens, distributed smart sensors, and immersive displays) and media delivery infrastructures (e.g., multimedia networks, interactive radio, streaming technologies, DVB-T/M, ITV, P2P, satellite broadcasting, UMTS, Bluetooth, Broadband, and VoIP).
We seek exciting and innovative work in areas including, but not limited to:
Intelligent Computational Technologies for Entertainment
* Adaptive Media Presentations
* Recommendation Systems in Media
* Scalable Crossmedia
* Affective User Interfaces
* Novel Interaction Technologies
* Intelligent Speech and Multimedia Interfaces
* Telepresence in Entertainment
* Collaborative User Models and Group Behavior
* Collaborative and Virtual Environments
* Cross-Domain User Models
* Animation and Virtual Characters
* Novel Displays and Devices
* Augmented, Virtual, and Mixed Reality
* Computer Graphics and Multimedia
* Pervasive Multimedia and Gaming
* Creative Language Environments
* Computational Humor
Interactive Applications for Entertainment
* Intelligent Interactive Games
* Intelligent Music Systems
* Interactive Cinema
* Interactive Art
* Museum Guides
* City Guides and Tourism Assistants
* Shopping Assistants
* Interactive Social Networks
* Interactive Story Telling
* Personal Diaries, Websites, and Blogs
* Applications for Special Populations (Handicapped, Children, Elderly)
Information for Authors
INTETAIN 2008 accepts three types of paper submissions:
Full Papers (from 6-10 pages)
Late Breaking Results (up to 4 pages)
Demos (up to 4 pages)
All submissions must follow the ACM two-column conference style format including figures and references. Links to templates will be available from the conference website. Authors are requested to submit their PDF manuscripts electronically by following the instructions at the conference home page: http://www.intetain.org. Supporting videos can also be submitted.
All paper submissions must be anonymous. We have adopted a relaxed model of anonymity that does not attempt to conceal all traces of identity from the body of the paper. Authors are expected to remove author and institutional identities from the title and header areas of the paper, as noted in the submission instructions. Further suppression of identity in the body of the paper is left to the authors' discretion. In particular, we expect authors to leave the citations to their previous work unanonymized, so that reviewers can ensure that all previous research has been taken into account.
Authors are requested to submit their PDF manuscripts electronically, using the COCUS System ( http://www.cocus.info ) :
1. Login to COCUS with your e-mail address and password. You will need to create an account if you do not have one.
2. After login, choose "Event List" and find INTETAIN 2008 in the list.
3. Choose "Submit a paper" and follow the step-by-step instructions.
Proposals are solicited for Workshops as part of the events associated with INTETAIN 2008. In addition to the interest areas listed above, workshops may address other topics in entertainment technology and applications. Please see the Call for Workshop Proposals for more information.
Submissions should describe original research that has not been previously published or accepted for publication, and is not under consideration for publication at another conference or journal. Accepted full papers will be published in the proceedings and presented during the paper sessions. Accepted late-breaking results papers and demo descriptions will be printed in a companion document available only at the conference, and presented during a poster session (late-breaking results) and demo session (demos).