Practical Development and Implementation of Corporate Balanced Scorecard (BSC)
|Event Date/Time: Oct 29, 2007||End Date/Time: Nov 02, 2007|
|Registration Date: Oct 20, 2007|
|Early Registration Date: Aug 31, 2007|
Practical Development and Implementation of Corporate Balanced Scorecard
DATE: 29 October - 2 November 2007
VENUE: Grand BlueWave Hotel Shah Alam, Persiaran Perbandaran, Seksyen 14, 40000 Shah Alam, Selangor, MALAYSIA
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: Register before 1 September 2007, and SAVE USD250
Fax: +60358807065 or +60321474666
Company website: www.ilmconferences.com
Event Website: www.ilmconferences.com/pbsc
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Vice President/General Managers
Corporate Development Managers/Directors
Performance Management Managers/Directors
Business Development Managers
Strategic Planning Managers/Directors
Business Process Managers
Human Resource Managers/Directors
BY ATTENDING THIS WORKSHOP, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Master the steps necessary for strategy implementation using Balanced Scorecard strategy management system
- Follow the path towards becoming a Strategy-Focused Organization
- Practice how to translate strategies into strategy map, strategic objectives, measures, target, strategic initiatives, HR planning, and budgeting
- Manage the "softer" issues of communication, buy-in and willingness to change â€“ factors that are crucial to successful strategy execution
- Develop operational plans, budgets and supporting action programs â€“ the specific building blocks of strategy implementation
- Create a firm basis for regular monitoring of strategic progress using the relevant management techniques
WELCOME MESSAGE FROM EVENT DIRECTOR
Dear Corporate Executive,
In todayâ€™s increasingly competitive business world, the importance of having either differentiated strategies in facing competition or innovative â€œblue-oceanâ€? strategies, cannot be over emphasized. However, surveys report that up to 90% of strategies are not implemented successfully.
Since introduced by Norton and Kaplan in 1992, the Balanced Scorecard (BSC) has grown into a well-accepted framework for a strategic measurement and management system that translates an organizationâ€™s mission and strategy into a comprehensive set of performance measures. As more companies work with the BSC, they start to realize that its real strength occurs when integrating and using it as a strategic management system to:
- clarify and gain consensus about strategy
- communicate strategy throughout the organization
- align departmental and personal goals to the strategy
- link strategy to business plan and budget
- identify and align strategic initiatives
- perform periodic and systematic strategic reviews
- obtain feedback to assess and improve the strategy
During this intensive course you will explore all the steps necessary for implementing strategy. Through a combination of presentations, discussions, group and individual exercises and real case studies, you will learn, in a practical way, the key principles and action steps of successfully implementing strategy.
This training workshop is facilitated by a very talented course trainer who has practical and detailed experience in the various aspects of BSC initiative.
The course director, Azman Hussin, and I look forward to welcoming you to this extremely valuable course.
Roslan bin Nordin
MEET YOUR EXPERT COURSE LEADER: AZMAN HUSSIN
Mr. Azman Hussin is a highly experienced trainer and practitioner of Balanced Scorecard strategy management system with scores of successful BSC projects in Malaysia and Middle East.
He is currently a Director of eNCoral Digital Solutions. He was a co-founder of the company and acted as the Managing Director from Jan 1994 to October 1998. In addition he serves as a Director in other local and overseas companies mainly advising on strategic and technology matters. He has also served as a council member of MARA, one of the largest trust organizations in Malaysia. He now mainly follows technology trends for investment purposes while doing research and projects involving Business Intelligence, Corporate Strategy, Performance Management and Knowledge Management.
Mr. Azman has helped many public and private organizations in Malaysia and overseas in BSC initiative. He also conducts numerous training workshops on the Balanced Scorecard. Among his recent strategy and performance management initiatives are for:
- Car Distributors. - UMW Toyota & Alhamrani United Co. (Nissan KSA)
- Government - National Assessment Institute (INSPEN)
- Middle East Steel Manufacturer - Qatar Steel Company.
- Middle East Telecom company - Qatar Telecom.
- Power Provider - Tenaga Nasional Berhad (Malaysian national power company) and its 26 subsidiaries