Cellulosic Ethanol and 2nd Generation Biofuels
Venue: W Chicago City Center
|Event Date/Time: Oct 16, 2007||End Date/Time: Oct 18, 2007|
|Registration Date: Oct 15, 2007|
|Early Registration Date: Sep 07, 2007|
This annual conference from Platts focuses on commercial viability — the business outlook for bringing these advanced biofuels into industrial scale production.
Among the areas to be covered:
* Federal and state funding and policies supporting cellulosic ethanol R&D
* Feedstock logistics — harvesting, transporting and storing biomass
* The role of the pulp and paper industry in the growth of cellulosic ethanol
* Key new developments in enzymes, pretreatment, and fermentation
* Commercial development of butanol and 2nd generation biofuels
Who attends this conference?
The first Platts Cellulosic Ethanol conference (October 2006) drew an audience of 200 senior executives from all the major players in cellulosic ethanol.
Attendees included biotechnology companies involved in cellulosic ethanol research; ethanol producers, agribusiness companies, and farm cooperatives; seed technology and crop genetics; forest products and pulp and paper companies; petroleum refiners including the major downstream oil companies; energy investors including private equity and investment banks