The Future of Carbon Market
Venue: Le Méridien Piccadilly
|Event Date/Time: Sep 21, 2007|
The Future of Carbon Trading comes at a crucial time for participants in the carbon market as they prepare for Phase II of the EU ETS and its increasingly stringent emissions cap. Market liquidity and the price of carbon are of key concern as businesses adapt to the new regime and take long-term strategic decisions. In addition, they must also deal with regulatory uncertainty as political leaders debate the extension of the Kyoto Protocol and the EU ETS beyond 2012.
This conference will provide a platform for participants to discuss and debate the financial and practical implications of the carbon trading market as well as shed new light on the ways in which individuals and companies intend to react to these changing times.
Speakers already confirmed include:
- David Hone, Group Climate Change Adviser, Shell International
- John McElroy, Head of Environmental Strategy, RWE npower
- Ian Rodgers, Director, UK Steel
- Tore Jensen, Vice President, SHEQ and Stewardship, Yara International
- Patrick Birley, Chief Executive Officer, European Climate Exchange