Event Date/Time: Oct 25, 2007
End Date/Time: Oct 27, 2007
Oct 20, 2007
Early Registration Date:
Oct 10, 2007
Abstract Submission Date:
Sep 30, 2007
Paper Submission Date:
Oct 10, 2007
Chinese copper industry and copper market has entered a new era since 2006. China has been the No.1 copper user for five consecutive years and became the biggest copper cathode maker for the first time in 2006. China¡¯s dependence on raw materials import is more and more serious. In the mean while, the new policies on copper products including export tariff and VAT rebate have been implemented since early 2007, which greatly influences the domestic and overseas copper market. Against this background, the Annual China International Copper Conference will take place in Kunming in southwest China¡¯s Yunnan Province in Oct. 2007. It is expected more than 300 people including 70-80 foreigners will be attracted to attend the conference.
¡ñ How to seek for stable raw materials for copper industry?
¡ñ What will the global copper industry head for in the next 2-3 years?
¡ñ Will the macro control policies over copper smelting be executed effectively?
¡ñ How do the implementation of copper export policies influence the copper industry? Will there be more and more substitutes for copper products?
¡ñ How to sustain the development of copper industry?
Therefore, The 2007 China International Copper Conference will be held in Kunming on Oct.25-27. Those issues commonly concerned will be debated.
As a grand gathering for copper players, the China International Copper Conference has been held successfully for four times and is attracting more and more attention. Officials from the National Development and Reform Commission, the Ministry of Commerce and China Nonferrous Metals Association, and senior managers from major copper producers, will be invited to join in the conference. Traders, banks, funds, consumers, futures brokers, security company, research institutes and etc. will also actively attend the conference.
1. Saving Energy, Reducing Emission ¨C Opportunities and Challenges Facing Copper Industry ( Mr. Jia Yinsong, Deputy Director, Economic Operation Bureau, NDRC)
2. Policy Orientations of Chinese Processing Trade (Department of Mechanic, Electronic, and High-Tech Industry,. Ministry of Commerce of the PRC)
3. Current Situation of Chinese Copper Industry and its Development Trend (Mr. Shang Fushan, Vice Secretary General, CNI-A)
4. Copper resources strategy of Yunnan Copper Industrial Group Co., Ltd. (Mr. Zou Shaolu, President & General Manager, Yunnan Copper Industrial Group Co., Ltd.)
5. Analysis on 2007 Chinese Copper Market and Forecast for 2008 (Mr. Yang Changhua, Senior Analyst, Copper, Antaike)
6. Copper Concentrate Markets - Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow (Ms. Christine Meilton, Principal Copper Consultant or Dr Allan Trench, Research Manager - Copper, CRU-Analysis)
7. Development in Bio-leaching Technology (Mr. Wen Jiankang, Chief Engineer, National Engineering Lab. Of Biohydrometallurgy, GRINM)
8. CNMC: the Way to Develop Overseas Mineral Resources (Dr. Liu Guoping, Director, Exploration Department, China Nonferrous Metal Mining & Construction (Group) Co., Ltd.)
9. Developing Overseas Copper Resources (Dr. Fang Qixue, Vice General Manager, Business Development, China Minmetals Nonferrous Metals Co., Ltd)
10. Analysis of Global Copper Market in 2007 and Prospect for 2007£¨TBC£©
11. China¡ªPlaying An important role in the world Copper Fabricated Industry (Ms. Wang Jun, Professor, Copper Antaike)
12. Copper Mining£What Lies ahead? (Mr Magnus Ericsson, Chairman, Raw Materials Group)
13. Recent Contribution of Outotec (Former Outokumpu Technology) for world Copper Projects (Dr. Ilkka Kojo, Outotec)
14. Current Situation of Sulphuric Acid Industry and Suggestion on its Development (Mr. Huang Xin, Director, The Information Center of Sulphuric Acid Industry)
15. Supply and Demand for Gold in China in 2007. (Mr. Li Qubo, Director, Information Center, Kunming Institute of Precious Metals)