2008 IEEE/INFORMS International Conference on Service Operations and Logistics, and Informatics (IEEE/SOLI¡¯2008)
Venue: Beijing Jiaotong University
|Event Date/Time: Nov 05, 2007|
|Paper Submission Date: May 01, 2008|
Conference Proceedings All papers in the Proceedings of IEEE/SOLI are indexed by ISTP, EI and included in the IEEE Xplore.
Areas of Interest Papers relating to Services/Logistics Design, Innovations, Marketing, Operations, and Engineering; and their specific applications to Information Technology / Systems services are strongly encouraged. Special sessions on specific service topics are also welcome. Topics include, but are not limited to:
• Service Design, Engineering, Operations, and Innovations - Service planning and design ¡ñ Service process engineering ¡ñ Expedited services and extreme logistics ¡ñ Healthcare systems ¡ñ Financial services ¡ñ Retail and services management ¡ñ Quality and customer satisfaction ¡ñ Metrics and benchmarks ¡ñ Security & safety-related services and management ¡ñ Contingency planning ¡ñ Operations research ¡ñ Production engineering ¡ñ Intelligent traffic
• Logistics & Supply Chain Management - On-demand delivery ¡ñ Logistics planning ¡ñ Freight forwarding and customs clearance ¡ñ Venue logistics management ¡ñ Warehouse and distribution ¡ñ Transportation management systems ¡ñ Reverse logistics ¡ñ Supplier relationship management ¡ñ Logistics visibility and control ¡ñ Procurement
• Service Marketing and Sustaining - Demand forecasting ¡ñ Customer relationship management ¡ñ Event communication and alerting ¡ñ Services training ¡ñ Services sustaining ¡ñ Services quality ¡ñ Services bundling ¡ñ E-market for services
• Service/Event Management & Manufacturing - Event management system • Event sponsorship • Event-based production and supply chain • Event-based products and manufacturing • Intelligent manufacturing • Customization
• Information & Communications Technology and Systems (ICTS) - ICTS services design and management ¡ñ E-market for ICTS services ¡ñ ICTS services standards, locating, composition, and bundling ¡ñ Process modeling, augmentation, and automation ¡ñ Real time identification & tracking technology ¡ñ Pervasive and ubiquitous computing in logistics ¡ñ Decision support systems ¡ñ Software agent based systems in logistics ¡ñ RFID ¡ñ Service-driven data warehousing and data/Web mining ¡ñ Business intelligence ¡ñ Systems interoperability and integration ¡ñ Information security
• Electronic Commerce & Knowledge - Wireless Communication and mobile commerce ¡ñ Mobile services ¡ñ Electronic government ¡ñ Information resource management ¡ñ IT and enterprise innovation management ¡ñ IT and strategy for the sustainable development of enterprises ¡ñ Semiotics ¡ñBusiness performance management ¡ñ Customer relationship management ¡ñ Information economics ¡ñ Network culture and harmonious society ¡ñ Distributed computing ¡ñ Sensor networks
Paper Submission Manuscripts in English must be electronically submitted at the conference website: http://www.ieeesoli.org. They should be at most six pages in the IEEE two-column conference paper format, including figures, tables, and references. A LaTeX style file and a Microsoft Word template are available from the IEEE web site (http://www.ieee.org/pubs/transactions/stylesheets.xml). The submissions, however, need to be in PDF.
Important date May 1, 2008 Deadline for submission of full papers
June 15, 2008 Acceptance/Rejection notification
July 15, 2008 Final camera-ready papers due