THE IMPACT OF CHINAS NEW BANKRUPTCY LAW AND THE INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR HEDGE FUNDS, PRIVATE EQ
Venue: Online Webinar
|Event Date/Time: Dec 11, 2007||End Date/Time: Dec 11, 2007|
Brent C. Carlson, Vice-President
Phil Groves, Managing Director
Benjamin Fanger, Managing Director
SHORELINE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
China's first enterprise bankruptcy law which became effective on June 1, 2007, was set up to protect creditors and investors in a single, unified insolvency regime applicable to China's former state-owned enterprises, private companies, and foreign-invested enterprises. This law allows both domestic and foreign owners and creditors to assert rights to assets in China and to pursue claims of under-performing businesses. In addition to reviewing the major provisions of China’s new bankruptcy law, the webinar will focus on the impact the new law will have on investing opportunities for mergers & acquisitions, corporate restructuring, and distressed debt investing.
Topics will include:
* China's increasingly important role in global economy.
* China's strong economic growth – now the fourth largest economy in the world.
* Aggressive global expansion program
* General Provisions of the law
1. Unified insolvency regime
2. Grounds for insolvency
3. Cross-border issues
4. Role of the court
5. Independent administrator
6. Creditor clout
7. Restructuring and composition procedures
8. Revocation of transactions before bankruptcy proceedings accepted
9. Order of payment
10. Set-off rights
11. Clear procedures
12. Role of regular of financial institutions
* What all of this means for investors
1. Opportunities for financial investors
2. Opportunities for strategic investors
3. Opportunities for out of court restructurings
Don't miss your chance to learn how to capitalize on distressed opportunities in China! Bring your toughest questions for the presenters to address during this interactive online event!