2nd International QUARRY Trade Show and Congress
Venue: Quarry at Litochoro Pieria
|Event Date/Time: May 16, 2008||End Date/Time: May 18, 2008|
|Registration Date: Apr 15, 2008|
|Early Registration Date: Apr 15, 2008|
• Operating Dates: 16-18 May 2008
• Periodicity: Every 2 years
• Place: Litohoro Pierias - Greece
• Total Exhibition Area: 50.0000 m²
• Parallel Events: Quarry Forum,
Live Demonstrations & Test Drives
• Organizers: New Genesis Co
312 Vouliagmenis Avenue
173 43 - Ag.Dimitrios, Greece
Calling Center: 0030 210-9764118
The trade show QUARRY 2006 in Litohoro constituted the beginning of a new exhibition model and was an absolute success. The upcoming trade show QUARRY 2008 in the quarry site at Litohoro, is expected to exceed in attendance and visitors the previous event.
The main purpose of the trade show QUARRY is to present dynamic new companies and their services in the market. Visitors were impressed by the size and commercial success of the Quarry trade show.
The need for briefing of professionals is imperative. The modern equipment for new quarries and the modernisation of old ones are absolutely essential for the excavation of materials and the protection of the environment. The production units of concrete and the mines, which are found not only in Greece but also in the Balkan countries and Cyprus, are visiting the trade show in order to be informed totally.
The huge innovation of the 1st Quarry trade show in 2006, the "live" demos & Test Drives, are going to rise in number and interest, at the next year's (2008) upcoming show. The live demos will take place once again, with even heavier and more important machinery, as they constitute the “main attraction” for the visitors.
In 50.000 m² of quarry area, the exhibitors present machinery and equipments, materials and services covering every aspect of quarries, mines, pits and heavy duty constructions industry. The areas of demonstrations as well as the test drive fields are allocated in the exhibition area apart from the stands, for obvious safety reasons.
There are three main regions for the Live Demos:
• Quarry Land: Loaders and excavators load trucks with tons of stone, while rippers are used for secondary fracture in order to use the big rocks further on.
• Breaking Land: Different types of crashers are used for the crashing of the materials and their segregation into different sizes.
• Recycling Land: Materials for demolition are destroyed and then grouped, in order to be reused as primary materials in the construction industry.
In the special TEST DRIVE field the visitors will test hands on, new models of trucks at real working conditions, such as: loaded with earth, in special bents, etc.
These are the things that make the 2nd Quarry Trade Show - 2008...
...the best trade show of its kind in Greece.
In the QUARRY TRADE SHOW are presented: (alphabetically):
• ASPHALT PLANT & STORAGE SYSTEMS
• AUTOMATIC AND CONTROL SYSTEMS
• BELTS- CHAINS- WIRE - ROPES
• BULK HANDLING SYSTEMS
• CONVEYORS & COMPONENTS
• DEMOLITION TOOLS
• DRILLING TOOLS & RIGS
• DUST CONTROLLERS / SUPRESSION
• EARTHWORKS MACHINERY- LOADING SHOVEL
DUMP - TRUCKS- EXCAVATORS
• ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION SERVICES
• HYDRAULIC BREAKERS / COMPONENTS
• MAINTENANCE PRODUCTS
• OILS & LUBRICANTS / TIRES
• PACKAGING & STORAGE SYSTEMS
• PUMPS - COMPRESSORS
• QUALITY CONTROL EQUIPMENT
• READY - MIXED CONCRETE PLANTS CONCRETE MIXERS
• SAFETY EQUIPMENT
• SCREENING EQUIPMENT
• SURFACE EXTRACTION EQUIPMENT
• TANKS / SILOS / HOPPERS
• TECHNICAL PRESSES
• TOOLS - EQUIPMENT SPARE PARTS ACCESSORIES
• VIBRATION AND NOISE MONITORING SYSTEM
• WEIGHTING EQUIPMENT
QUARRY Forum is organized parallel to the 2nd International QUARRY Trade Show in a special congress room, with the scientific support of the Laboratory of Excavation, Faculty of Mechanic Mines of National Technical University of Athens (NTUA).
Aim of the QUARRY Forum is to present modern tendencies on quarry¢s technology, issues of management and operation, constituting a dialogue among the interested parts.
The Thematodology of 2nd Quarry Forum includes:
• Legislation – Identification of Quarry¢s Zones – Operating licence of Quarries/ Mines
• Quality of Aggregates
• Planning of Quarry¢s Utilization
• Excavation (Explosive Products - Mechanic Means)
• Rigging - Loading - Transportation
• Crashing – Gradation
• Quarries and Environment
Speakers will be academic, executives of public organizations and of the industry. Responsible for the scientific part of the congress is Mr. G. Panagiotou, Professor of NTUA, Director of Laboratory of Excavation.