The 2nd International Conference of Market Development and Investment Strategies (MDIS2008)
|Event Date/Time: Mar 14, 2008||End Date/Time: Mar 15, 2008|
|Abstract Submission Date: Dec 31, 2007|
Development and Investment Strategies (MDIS2008) is scheduled to be held at the ShenZhen, China on March 14-15, 2008.
Details about the conference will be updated at the conference website (http://www.mdis2008.org/).
Stability and Risk in the International Financial System:
Have its institutional underpinnings and the nature of the risk changed?
(1) Could the Asian crisis happen again?
(2) What is the emerging role of the International Monetary Fund --irrelevance or new talks?
(3) What is the future role of the US $ ? How are foreign currency markets changing?
(4) New forms of contagion -- lessons from the US sub-prime crisis? National Investment Funds -- and Hedge funds -- allies or competitors and their implications for international finance and investment...
(5) China's impact on global markets (financing of US debt, China's exchange rate policy)
Professor Ali M. Kutan, PhD. Southern Illinois University , Edwardsville.
Professor WenChang Fang, PhD. National Taipei University
Professor Chuang-Yuang Lin, PhD.
College of Business, National Taipei University
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade (SSCI, Journal)
Academy of Taiwan Information Systems Research
If you have any question about MDIS 2008, you can contact with
conference secretary at MDIS2008@gmail.com
Shenzhen is a southern China city next to the boundary of Hong Kong. It
is only about 25km away from the core urban area of Hong Kong. Since
the late 1970, Shenzhen is a centre of foreign investment and one of
the fastest growing cities in the world. It is also the busiest port in
China after Shanghai.
More information about Shenzhen could be available at
MDIS 2007 was held in Taipei at March 9-10, 2007.