ISDEM 2008 International Symposium on Data Engineering and Management (ISDEM 2008)
|Event Date/Time: Feb 09, 2008||End Date/Time: Feb 09, 2008|
|Registration Date: Jan 22, 2008|
|Early Registration Date: Jan 22, 2008|
|Abstract Submission Date: Jan 05, 2008|
|Paper Submission Date: Jan 05, 2008|
International Symposium on Data Engineering and Management
February 9 2008, Bishop Heber College
The convergence of high-performance computing, global high-speed communications advanced sensing and data analysis is driving the next wave of information-age business transformation. Data Engineering deals with the use of engineering techniques in the design, development and assessment of information systems for different computing environments and application domains. Data Management is the process of planning, coordinating and controlling an organization’s data resources. More often, applications need to store and search a large amount of data, or structurally complex data. Managing Data has been continuously challenged by demands from various areas and applications and has evolved in parallel with advances in hardware and computing techniques.
The International Symposium on Data Engineering and Management will be a premier forum for presentation of research outcomes and discussion of issues on data engineering and data management. The aim of the symposium is to share research solutions to problems of today's information society and to identify new issues and directions for further research.
ISDEM 2008 will focus on the new developments in the theories and practices related to data engineering and management field. The symposium will bring together researchers, practitioners, developers and users to present and discuss emerging trends, concepts, techniques, technologies and experiences in data engineering and management.
Call For Papers
We welcome all papers relevant to Data Engineering and Management such as (but not limited to):
• Data: Representation, Architecture, Querying, Indexing, Access, storage, Data Compression, Integration, Interoperability, Exchange, Integration, Quality, Cleaning, Privacy, Security
• Data Warehousing and Mining (data, text, web, multimedia)
• Databases: Embedded, Sensor, P2P, Mobile, Multimedia, Time Series, Spatial, Statistical, Biological, Web, XML, OO, Parallel and Distributed
• Managing Uncertain, Imprecise, Inconsistent Information and Semi Structured Data
• Data Management: Metadata, Multilingual Data, Multimedia Data, Peer-to-Peer Data
• Ontology, Semantic Web, Semiotics
• Personalized Information Systems
• Middleware, Workflow, and Web Services
• All Data Management Issues in CRM / SCM / ERP / IT / Information Systems
• Bio-informatics, ANN, Image Processing, Social networks, Wiki, Blogs, Digital libraries, E-Learning, Healthcare Informatics
ISDEM 2008 Highlights
We have an exciting program designed to appeal to researchers, faculty members and data engineering and management professionals. It includes:
• 3 Invited Talks
• Poster Show
• Printed proceedings
• Online Post Proceedings
ISDEM 2008 Technical Committee
Dr. M. Marcus Deepen Boominathan (Principal)
International Program Committee
Dr. Christian Gutl, TUGraz, Austria
Dr. Klaus Meyer Wagener, U of Erlangan, Germany
Dr. Mária Bieliková, Slovak U of Technology, Slovakia
Dr. Joemon Jose, U of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Dr. Pit. Pichappan, U of Zululand, South Africa
Dr. Michael May, Technical U of Denmark, Denmark
Dr. Vive Kumar, Simon Fraser U, Canada
Dr. Ramadoss Balakrishnan, NIT-Tiruchirappalli, India
Dr. Daisy Jacobs, U of Zululand, South Africa
Dr. S.R. Bala Sundaram, NIT-Tiruchirappalli, India
Papers have to be submitted as email to Program Chair in MS WORD format. All accepted papers would appear in the Proceedings pub¬lished by the symposium. Besides, short-listed papers will further be invited for revision and published in an international journal. Research papers must be prepared in the following camera-ready format.
• Page limit: 4 pages (Additional page charges apply)
• Margin: all around 2.5 cm.
• Page layout: Letter (21.5 x 28 cm), space 1.1 between lines (or at least 13 points)
• Font: Times Roman 10, justified text
• Title: 14 font. Title, authors, emails in single column centered
• All other items such as abstract, main paper, conclusion and references in two columns, separated by 0.5 cm, with numerated sections and subsections. Eg. 1, 1.1, 1.1.1, etc.
• Titles of figures and tables to be numerated and centralized below
• References numerated. Eg.  Peter, S. Graph Databases: Issues and Solutions, IEEE Trans. on Software, 134:54-66.
• Citations in text on the number of the reference. Eg. In , ..
A paper submitted to ISDEM 2008 cannot be under review for any other conference or journal during the time it is being considered for ISDEM 2008, and it must be substantially different from any previously published work. Questions about this policy or how it applies to your work should be directed to the program chair.
Submission deadline: 5 January 2008
Notification: 15 January 2008
Camera-ready and registration deadline: 22 January 2008
At least one of the authors must register for the symposium in order for the paper to be included in the proceedings.
• Full time students: INR 500 (EURO 100)
• Academic members: INR 600 (EURO 150)
• Industrial members: INR 1000(EURO 200)
Demand Drafts should be drawn in favour of DEMS payable at Tiruchirappalli and sent to the Program Chair with the registration details: Name, Designation, Organization, Mailing address, Email-id, Phone number, Paper ID, Title of the paper, Author(s), DD Number, DD date, Branch drawn, and Name of the bank.
Welcome to Bishop Heber College
Bishop Heber College is a religious minority educational institution established by theTiruchirappalli – Thanjavur Diocese of the Church of South India. Its main objective is to cater for the higher educational needs of the members of the Church of South India and other Christians and specially to provide for them an educational atmosphere in keeping with the Christian ideals of the church. The college however admits students of all faiths and religions and seeks to provide for them the best possible higher education.
The college was accredited with 5 stars by the NAAC on 21st May 2001 and was reaccredited at the A+ Level on 31st March 2007. The University Grants Commission and Bharathidasan University granted autonomy to the college during 2004-05. The department of Computer Science offers BSc. CS, BCA, MSc. CS, MCA, MSc. IT and PGDCA programs and has high configured computing and internet facilities.
For further queries and registration, contact
Dr. K. Rajkumar PhD/NIT-T
Program Chair – ISDEM 2008
Department of Computer Science
Bishop Heber College, Tiruchirappalli 620017
TN, India. tel: 914312770136, fax: 914312770293
mob: 919994291420, 919942002764 www.bhc.ac.in