The Fourth International Workshop on Mobile Commerce and Services (WMCS08)
|Event Date/Time: May 25, 2008||End Date/Time: May 28, 2008|
|Abstract Submission Date: Jan 10, 2008|
|Paper Submission Date: Jan 10, 2008|
in conjunction with GPC 2008 (http://grid.hust.edu.cn/gpc2008)
Kunming, China, May 25-28.
January 10, 2008: Paper submission due date
February 15, 2008: Decision Notification (electronic)
March 1, 2008: Camera-ready copy due date & pre-registration due
May 25-28, 2008: GPC 2008 and WMCS 2008
The wide deployment of wireless networks and mobile technologies and the significant increase
in the number of mobile device users have created a very strong demand for emerging mobile
commerce applications and services based on today’s wireless network technologies. This trend
has provided many new business opportunities and challenges to e-commerce vendors, mobile service
providers, mobile content publishers and marketplaces, mobile technology providers and solution integrators.
Living in a wireless world changes and enhances people’s life in many ways, such as communications,
information sharing and learning, e-commerce and mobile application services. At the same time,
businesses and government agencies are confronted with new pressure for technology update, that is,
how to provide customers and users with reliable and secure mobile commerce applications and efficient
and user-friendly mobile services.
To meet this increasing demand on mobile commerce and mobile services, people are looking for innovative
ideas to create next generation mobile-commerce applications and service systems. Mobile commerce and
services has become a very hot research subject in both business and research communities. The major
theme of this workshop is to study and use new business models and structures to build the next generation
of mobile commerce service systems supporting mobile users anywhere at anytime.
The Fourth International Workshop on Mobile Commerce and Services (WMCS2008) is a forum to bring together
business people, researchers, and industry professionals to discuss innovative ideas and diverse topics
on next generation mobile-commerce applications and services. Using this forum, researchers and practitioners
can exchange current issues and challenges, business models and structures, and new technologies and solutions.
Authors are invited to submit original and research papers addressing technical issues, solutions, and
technologies in mobile commerce applications and service systems. All submissions will be peer-reviewed by
members of the international program committee. Accepted paper will be included in the GPC 2008 workshop
proceedings (EI-Indexing) published by IEEE Computer Society Press.
The topics of interest for WMCS 2008 include, but are not limited to, the following:
- M-commerce business models, strategies, and market structure analysis
- Mobile supply chain management
- Context-aware and location-based technologies and solutions for M-commerce
- Mobile advertising solutions, techniques, systems and platforms
- Enabling technologies (such as RFID, Barcodes) for M-commerce and services
- New mobile portals and marketplaces
- Pricing and cost analysis of M-commerce services
- Mobile database retrieval techniques, transaction models and services
- Mobile agent, workflow models, and supporting technologies in M-commerce
- Mobile connectivity for enterprise systems, services, and applications
- Novel M-commerce applications and services
- Ambient intelligent frameworks, platforms, systems and services
- Ubiquitous computing platform and services for mobile users
- Mobile brokerage and service discovery mechanisms
- Mobile instant messaging systems and services
- Mobile enabled architectures, middleware, components, and agent technologies
- Platforms for client applications in mobile devices (J2ME, Symbian)
- Mobile privacy, security problems and solutions in M-commerce and services
- Mobile payment protocols, solutions, service systems and platforms
- New wireless multimedia technologies and platforms for mobile commerce, e.g., DMB, DVB-H, mobile TV
- Mobile entertainment services and platforms for digital music, videos, tickets, and games
- Mobility discovery, management, and services
- Mobile personalization, service management, and natural language support
- Semantic web and services for M-commerce
- Reliability support for M-commerce
- Service platforms for supporting m-commerce (mobile web enterprise)
- Mobile-based e-learning and education environments
- Case studies in M-commerce and information services
- Deployment, experience and lesson learned reports in M-commerce and services
Original papers that are not published previously or under review by other journals or conferences
will be considered. All submitted papers will be evaluated according to their originality, significance,
correctness, presentation and relevance. Papers should be submitted electronically at
http://grid.hust.edu.cn/gpc2008. Please follow the instructions given at the web page.
Manuscripts will be limited to 8 pages following IEEE conference proceedings style and guidelines.
Papers that present novel ideas, criticize existing work, and discuss practical studies and experiments
are especially encouraged.
Accepted papers will be published in the workshop proceedings (EI-Index) of the Third International
Conference on Grid and Pervasive Computing (GPC 2008). At least one of the authors of each accepted
paper must register as a full participant of the workshop to have the paper published in the proceedings.